need help turning boost up on begi...

BoostedMP3

:
#4 Laser Blue Mica MP3
first off, thanks guys for helping me with the non-foulers idea. i'm catless and no CEL for a few hundred miles now. I have the begi turbo kit and forgot a little how to turn the boost up. It has a integral wastegate and when i bought the car, the owner told me the i'd have to turn a long screw a certain way to increase and decrease the boost. Right now, i'm maxing out at 5psi and i'm wanted to go to 7psi. Only problem i'm having is that i can't get boosting past 1psi until i'm in like 3 gear and 3500-4000rpms. Seems i can't boost at all in 1 and sometimes even 2nd gear. i have to be in 3-5 gear. Is that normal? Could i have a leak somewhere? and if so, how do i check for it. also, i have the Turbo XS BOV. How do i check to see if that isn't leaking? Any help is much appreciated. I kno captain krm p5 must have some input for me. lol and anyone else with the begi kit.

BoostedMP3 said:
I kno captain krm p5 must have some input for me. .

lol, i'd say you might have a leak. check all your vacuum lines, pipes and hoses make sure they are tight for starters.

BoostedMP3 said:
i know that, but which way do i turn it to increase boost, counterclockwise or clockwise?

i believe the more it is closed the higher the boost

Back