Need Help Identifying this 1982 RX-7!

Jay6879

:
RX-7
The strange thing is that this rx-7 is a convertible? I was under the impression that convertible rx-7's werent available until the second gen's were released in 1988? The homeowner said that only seven of these are in Canada. I didnt have much time to talk with her about it, and beyone the basics she actually doesnt know much about the car.*

Is this a limited run of the rx-7? Am i wrong about the convertible thing and they actually released them and i was unaware? Is it a custom job?

Help! I figured this forum would be a good place to start.....
0540a320c6ae6cf8686026c7438f0d43.jpg

44a9470c4bb6dbe204f4726bcb67ad15.jpg

Thats what i thought. And when I googled "1982 rx-7 convertible" the only thing related was about some guy who had converted a few first gens into convertibles, but they had flared fenders. This car is completely stock (minus the missing hardtop).

Its in great condition. Has 140,000km. My boss said she was thinking of selling it. How much would something like this fetch?

I would say its a Pacific Avatar conversion, I can't really tell with the top down. Does the car have any paper work with it?. They also made wide body and turbo conversions as well. you could pick your options and have the car you wanted.

Back