Need help. Dont know what this is

hozey

:
Mazda protege 2.0 2002
So i was tightening my alternator belt and as i was pulling my arm out I somehow pulled this wire out.
I looked to see where it was suppose to go in and could not find it. Any help would be appreciated

unidentified wire.jpg

Can you show where the other end goes in at? Unless you pulled both ends out of their places.

Don't happen to have cruise control do you?

If i remember ill take a photo of mine tonight see if i can trace it :)

I think it in a knock sensor on the engine block on the back of the engine.
Im not sure about it!

Are you sure its a wire? From the picture it almost looks like part of the windshield washer fluid line. I hit a deer years ago and needed a new hood because of it, and when I got the car back i had a similar looking thing dangling around over by the cruise control. Ended up being the mechanics never finished plugging that fitting into a splitter under the hood, at the back of the heat liner.

I know the system uses clearish white fittings like that, and are located at that side of the engine bay...also, the reservoir is on the passenger side of the car, a little above the alternator...you may have yanked on it by accident when under the car...but can't tell for sure from the picture.

Are you sure its a wire? From the picture it almost looks like part of the windshield washer fluid line. I hit a deer years ago and needed a new hood because of it, and when I got the car back i had a similar looking thing dangling around over by the cruise control. Ended up being the mechanics never finished plugging that fitting into a splitter under the hood, at the back of the heat liner.

I know the system uses clearish white fittings like that, and are located at that side of the engine bay...also, the reservoir is on the passenger side of the car, a little above the alternator...you may have yanked on it by accident when under the car...but can't tell for sure from the picture.

this^^

thanks for the responses guys. turns out it was for the windshield fluid. I bought the car with a carbon fiber hood and those werent connected so i never noticed them.

thanks for the responses guys. turns out it was for the windshield fluid. I bought the car with a carbon fiber hood and those werent connected so i never noticed them.

Back