Need Advise for a Good Summer Tire

zer010gic

I am looking to get a new set of summer tires for my Speed 6. I am looking for wet and dry handling with good hydroplane avoidance. This car is a daily driver but I enjoy doing lots of spirited driving. Please any advise is welcome.

I have been looking at the

Hankook Ventus v12 evo k110

Toyo T1R

Falken FK452

Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval Indy 500

Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec

I am even open to tires not on my list.

The Dunlops are very sticky, I run all season tires and love my Goodyear Eagle GT's, but will probably go from 215 to 225 and move up to a Michelin Pilot tire if I decide to keep the car this time next year............

I run nitto nt555 and for the price i feel that they are a good buy. Discount tire direct has free shipping right now, im on my second pair of them and feel that they have been a good combination of lasting tread vs. performance. also if you buy them in 225/40/18 you can get them at a value.

Have run the Toyo T1R's on My Speed6 for 2 summers now n I love them. Grip is extreme and they work well in the wet... Well worth the $$

The Dunlops are very sticky, I run all season tires and love my Goodyear Eagle GT's, but will probably go from 215 to 225 and move up to a Michelin Pilot tire if I decide to keep the car this time next year............

I would stay away from the Goodyear Eagle GTs. I just hit 20K miles on them and they are to the wear bars. I am extremely disappointed with the tread life of these tires seeing that they are supposed to be a 45K mile tire. Just go on tirerack.com or Discounttire.com and you will see all the negative reviews regarding the tread life.

Direzza Star specs will be the grippiest. I've had a few sets and they work very well. Wet traction is very good, torrential down pour traction not so much. Expect to get 15-20k miles out of a set.

If you don't mind a little tread noise, I highly recommend the Yokohama Parada Spec 2. They have nice grip and they have
been amazing in Florida downpours.
I've got 35k + daily driving, mostly highway, and plenty of tread still left.

I would stay away from the Goodyear Eagle GTs. I just hit 20K miles on them and they are to the wear bars. I am extremely disappointed with the tread life of these tires seeing that they are supposed to be a 45K mile tire. Just go on tirerack.com or Discounttire.com and you will see all the negative reviews regarding the tread life.

Mine came on the car and I just hit 10,000 miles on them and they seem fine, would be happy with another 10,000 since I do canyon carve a bit......What I meant was I was happy with the handling of them for an all season tire....... Most tires now a days usually get 25-35 thousand on them any ways unless you get some $ 200 a piece Michelins or something like it...............

Last edited:
Back