Navigation issue (TomTom NB1, Mazda CX-9 2013)

Neuron

:
2013 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD w/tech. package
Hello!
Does anyone experience the same issue as I do?
My GPS navigation system (TomTom NB1) was working flawlessly since I bought my CX-9 (in July 2013). About month ago I noticed that the navigation started acting strange. Below I listed my observation of the issue. I updated navigation maps via TomTom HOME desktop software and installed the latest QuickGPSFix as was suggested in software update downloads area, but whatever I did with those updates did not help and problem persists.

Here is what Im experiencing:

1. Map very often randomly jump locations and turning / spinning the view around like it getting into confusion state (confused).
2. Navigation loses GPS signal intermittently and took a really long time to acquire a GPS signal.
3. It is reporting that it can't see any satellites. But when I go to the status screen, it shows a few satellites available. (rolleyes)
4. When Im making full stop it completely loses GPS signal and signal gets back when I start driving again.
5. Intermittently losing position while Im driving and suggesting all sorts of incorrect instructions.

Any ideas what is going on? Any solutions other than just bring vehicle to the dealership for fix? I really dont wish to deal with my dealership by many reasons and wish to try first to solve this problem myself if I could.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and suggestions!

You are, indeed, having exactly the same symptoms that I was experiencing. Per the suggestion of a service writer at a local dealer, I performed the TomTom map software update. I honestly didn't think it was going to work, but I figured I'd go through the motions just so that I could tell the service department that I had done it.

Well, it did fix the problem. Granted, it may have just been the hard system reset associated with removing the SD card, so if you don't want to cough up the money for the system update, I might just try a pull and replace.

Thanks leeharvey418 for your comments!
I, actually, went with TomTom map software update last week (as I mentioned in my first post) but unfortunately updates did not resolved problem with my navi.

I was searching Google and I found this discussion on TomTom forum. I think I would give a try of what member "MikkoK" in that thread recommended in his/her post. It is about "loopdir" folder on SD card with navigation software that contains the settings and which probably was corrupted by some reason and causing the issue. Not sure if it is, but I think it worth a try.

Last edited:
Update

Update.

Removing "loopdir" folder and replacing of fresh "home images" folder in the root directory of of the SD card with navigation software (per recommendation of Tom Tom forum members and instruction provided in this link by Tom Tom) fixed problem with my navigation. Unfortunately just updating Tom Tom map software via Tom Tom HOME and installing QuickGPSFix in my case did not help.

Today is my second day of driving with navigation on after I performed recommended replacement procedure and so far no issues with "turning and spinning" map view and/or losing GPS signal noticing. I hope problem resolved.

Last edited:
Back