Nav System mods

Okay so I got my new CX7 and I love it so far, but I have to say that I hate the navi firmware for the Mazdas when compared to the features available with Honda systems. Mainly when you want to find resturants that are within your proximity, and all you can see is a bunch of markers on the map...

Honda provides you with a list of the locations within the catagory of search. For this one I will just use chinese... You press the voice command in the Honda, and say Chinese Resturant... a list with the name, phone number, and distance of all chinese resturants will appear... You simply select the one you want to go to, and it will automatically route you.

Now my question is this... can I swap the unit under my seat for a unit with more of the features that I am looking for? If so who would be the best company to find the stuff I need, and does Madza use propitary connectors like Kenwood does?

You would have to swap the whole unit. No one makes a separate unit that fits under the seat.

The unit in the CX-7 does suck. If its any consolation, Toyota and Lexus also use the same crappy Denso system.

Back