My HIDs

CoolWhip

:
2008 Mazdspeed 3 Sport
H7 8000k Xtreme Xenon HID Conversion Kit

Too lazy to move the car out of the driveway so I just took the camera out and snaped a few shots.

I have a slight problem though ... I've tried adjusting and adjusting but the driver's side light doesn't want to budge. With everyturn ... nothing (pissed)

It makes the passanger side look really bright and the driver side really dull.
Any suggestions?

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

Last edited:
Check to see if the bulb is "sitting" correctly in the headlight housing

That's what I'm dreading, It might just be me but I hate getting back there, the whole bumper thing made me want to kill myself lol ....

As for the fogs I'm still deciding which to go with ... 3000k? Or maybe some white in there 4300k?

leave the fogs like they are with yellow bulbs in there, putting on an hid kit in the fogs is pointless, the headlights light up the road perfectly enough!

That's what I'm dreading, It might just be me but I hate getting back there, the whole bumper thing made me want to kill myself lol ....

As for the fogs I'm still deciding which to go with ... 3000k? Or maybe some white in there 4300k?

Yea I know have fun lol

Is that color the same in the pics as they are in person???

I am about to order a kit for my speed3 and wanted 8k. I got a 10k kit before for the Integra, but they weren't even as blue as yours look in the pics and yours are 8k. I am really looking for a bit less blue, but most HID kits I've seen are off in one direction or the other by a bit.

Is that color the same in the pics as they are in person???

I am about to order a kit for my speed3 and wanted 8k. I got a 10k kit before for the Integra, but they weren't even as blue as yours look in the pics and yours are 8k. I am really looking for a bit less blue, but most HID kits I've seen are off in one direction or the other by a bit.

agree totally. I have an EBAY kit and its just about as blue/greenish that his are in his first couple of pictures. Each kit seems to depend.

I have seen those Ford F-150 or Chevy Silverado that get those EXTREMELY BLUE ones, those dont look like they do much of anything except project everything to be blue in front of them (maybe that's 10K???) But those look like a ticket waiting to happen from a cop!

12.1 Megapixel camera = the sex.

Yup thats what they look like in person. I'll take some pics later tonight going down a back road, they work really well when you raise them a bit.

12.1 Megapixel camera = the sex.

Yup thats what they look like in person. I'll take some pics later tonight going down a back road, they work really well when you raise them a bit.

isnt the larger megapixel camera just so that you can blow the picture up to the size of a poster instead of an 8X10? I remember larger megapixel was just for that purpose.

Yours do look great, the color is pretty much the same as my 8000K and I have yelow luminics bulbs in the fogs. Yellow bulbs in there would probably "look" cool, tho they dont light up too much more as the headlights already do a great job with the HID set in there, you don't really need the fogs to be any brighter.

You can install the HID kit without having to remove the bumper. There should be enough room behind the light itself to put the bulb in, if you have tiny hands that is

think of megapixels as tv resolution. play with the iso alittle bit cause it looks a bit grainy.

remember the hotter u get the less night visibility u have also.

think of megapixels as tv resolution. play with the iso alittle bit cause it looks a bit grainy.

remember the hotter u get the less night visibility u have also.

man I wish I knew more on photography! I want to go take a class at the local college to learn more and perfect the skills. Either way his pics are nice tho, its hard to capture night shots well, especially keeping them stiff and not blurred. I am terrible at that and always seem to need a tripod at night

yeah if only i had more time and money to spend on that hobby lol i do pretty well with my point-and-shoot so im content right now. i learned a trick where u tie a string to a washer and the other end a bolt that'll thread into the camera base hole. its a very handy homemade tripod since u can go as low or high and side to side as u wish to get that good angle with the steadiness of a tripod.

More MP's on a consumer / non DSLR camera are more hype than benefit. more noise vs detail really. The G9's a nice cam though, but it won't print as nice of a large print as a 6mp DSLR. Larger pixels on the CMOS are better.

isnt the larger megapixel camera just so that you can blow the picture up to the size of a poster instead of an 8X10? I remember larger megapixel was just for that purpose.

More MP's on a consumer / non DSLR camera are more hype than benefit. more noise vs detail really. The G9's a nice cam though, but it won't print as nice of a large print as a 6mp DSLR. Larger pixels on the CMOS are better.

haha thats what I thought, on PnS cameras the MP is just for Hype, makes people think its better but really just means you can make bigger printouts without getting pixelated.

My old camera sucks, G9 suits me. I take it everywhere ... I just can't see myself carrying around a big chunky SLR to get togethers and parties.

Take some wall shots of the beam pattern and light output.

Updated with new pics!

Went back in today and found that the driver side bulb was loose, fixed that and it looks a lot better now ... but the driver side is still a tiny bit lower then the passenger side.

Not really noticable, 0-15 feet looks fine 15-17 feet barely noticable, 17-XX looks fine.

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

I just got me some "super White" fogs from ECS Tuning. Do i have to take the under tray off to get to the fogs??

I just got me some "super White" fogs from ECS Tuning. Do i have to take the under tray off to get to the fogs??

I'm not sure, it doesn't seem too hard to put the fogs in when you remove the bumper. I just can't decide what color to go with ....

Latest posts

Back