Message Popup Each Time Car Starts and Adding NAV SD Card / Remote Starter

vcadieux

:
Mazda 3 Sports 2014 GS
Hi,

I just got my new 2014 Mazda 3 Sports GS. I did not take the Navigation option (which is an SD Card with the navigation software on it). I found https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned):

Which is 195.00$ instead of 425.00$ from my mazda dealer. Does anyone know if it will work out of the box (I simply put the SD card in the slot and the navigation should now work) ?

Also, I'm looking into adding a remote starter to my car. I've contacted Mazda and they install it for 650.00$. I contacted a local installator and he ask me 450.00$ but I need to bring a key that he will put in the dash.

So then I checked on google and found this

Can anyone confirm that this is what Mazda install if I do the installation with them ?

Finally, I have something pretty anoying each time I start my car. On the LCD screen I get a popup message saying that I should not use this system while driving, for my security. And then there is a "I agree" button. When I click on it I have access to the system but I have to do it each time I start the car, which is pretty anoying.

Thanks for the answers !

Vincent

Welcome to the world of annoying nav/entertainment systems :) Every car that I have owned has had that stupid warning screen. You think once is enough, no one ever reads them, especially not every single time!! No way to get rid of it though :(

Not true.
On mine, just leave it alone. Once the Mazda3 starts to move, it will get to Home screen, then, to NAVI where I left it last time.
No action needed on my part.

Yeah, you don't have to dismiss it, just wait and it will go away.

As for the ebay question, looks like it would work from the pictures, but I'm not going to say that it will work for sure.

haha when I first got the car I would press "I AGREE" every time and it got annoying. Took me a little while to realize it goes away after a few seconds and you don't need to do anything to it :D

Hi,

Thanks for the answer, just tested it this morning and yes it disappear, should have known that heh...

As for the question on the navigation system and remote starter, anyone have an answer for me ?

Thanks

Welcome to the club,
yes that remote you found at MED center Mazda will work, however that does not include the installation.
You can click on the instructions just to see what is involved. You can always take it to a local car electronics shop to get it installed.
However with the Mazda Factory remote, you are limited in distance, and the car will also shut off once the door is opened.

I was very interested in adding a Viper Smart Start system.
This essentially lets you start your car at any distance, provided there is cell signal.
You can see some videos of how it works with the infinity G35 on the thread that i created here:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123836452-Viper-Smart-start-w-Advanced-key-anyone

Unfortunately no one has done this yet to our mazdas
and I believe there are other bypass modules that does not require you to have an additional key mounted inside the car for remote start.
Check out the thread that I've posted..

Back