Megan racing Springs

TreFlip999

Contributor
Potential Scammer!
:
2003 Yellow Beast
hey everyone Just wanna get people's opinions and experiences with these springs or what you know about them, i have them but they are not on the beast yet..anybody got em? i couldnt pass up the price....let me know, thanks

Hey,

I think there are only three of us that have 'em...

You, susamafone and I.

Personally, I spoke to susamafone. He sent me pics, and I decided to buy them.

Now that I have 'em, I'm happier than a tornado in a trailer park. By far, the best bang for the buck...err, I mean the least bang for...the...nevermind.

No bang, good feel, great price, love'em! 'nuff said...(idhitit)

When installing, make sure you don't pay attention to the orientation of name on the springs. on mine, they are printed upside-down... (screwy)

Here are a couple of pics of my ride on the MEGAN springs.

Attachments

• DSC00361.JPG
    DSC00361.JPG
    293.5 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC00362.JPG
    DSC00362.JPG
    327.8 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC00364.JPG
    DSC00364.JPG
    243.1 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC00363.JPG
    DSC00363.JPG
    296.7 KB · Views: 138
Damn dude thats tight, you just helped me out alot..What size are your rims and tires? and have you had any rubbing issues? do you have stock struts? and last but not least hows the ride? Your car is tight, is that a DG lip?

i heart my megan springs and illuminas. deff a great product for a great price. if you plan on buying them, youll want to spring for the illuminas at the least. i think the hp's dampening just isnt quite enough for the high spring rates. if you are worried about ride quality, these deff arent the springs to buy. texas has some of the best roads in the nation, and even driving on the highway it gets a little uncomfortable at times.

but its all worth it. i love taking my car down the twisties and hitting up the auto-x. body roll is reduced by a lot, and on the stock dunflops with the springs, struts, and rear strut bar, i was almost able to get the rear inside wheel up on a turn (see profile pic). ive got a few pics of my p5 with my friends msp and there is quite a noticable differance.

DSC_4950.jpg

DSC01643.jpg

DSC01591.jpg

DSC01559.jpg

few pictures of the car solo, and compared to other proteges.

Thanks!

Wheels are 17X7 w 42mm offset ADR Revolution 5's. I am running spacers in the front and was running spacers in the rear. 3mm all around. The tires rubbed in the rear before the spacers too...42mm is a bit too low of an offset.

I had the fenders rolled...well, actually rolled them myself, ghetto style!

I love the ride! I've gone on a couple of twisty roads and the car rode absolutely awesome.

Roads in Vancouver are the $#!ts right now with all the construction going on for the 2010 Olympics and all and I tell you, the Megan/Illumina combo has saved me a few scrapes. But like susamafone said, the ride is stiff and without the proper damping you might just find it vulgar.

I still remember my Neon. The first set of springs I put on it was H&R Race (long story, not my fault)...on stock struts...I kept bouncing all over the place.... I eventually got tired of it and got a set of KW coilovers...

correct damping for a set of springs makes or breaks the ride...and your back!

The lip is a replica, FG auto EXE. I bought it used, cracked and semi-repaired from a fellow P5'r up here. I am in the process of smoothing it out, sanding it and repainting it in red...

Back