mazdaspeed3 transmission problem 2

ccann26

:
Speed3
Well the Mazda dealership calls me back today and tells me its going to be until the 1st before I get my car back . Apparently they had to order 2 parts for my transmission .

Shouldn't they replace the whole thing if its faulty ?(transmission)

wonder what the rules are on the lemon laws in Va ?

Well if it gets really bad and they have to buy back the car I want another one
(boom07)

there are hundreds of parts inside a transmission so just because there is 2 bad parts doesn't mean the entire tranny is bad

yeah if your lsd had a fault in it it could easily damage something else inside the tranny... or a grease monkey dropped a gear when removing the part that was bad and now they have to order another one... could be lots of things.. i wouldn't get to worried about it yet

Four weeks ago I replaced my clutch after 83,000 miles on a 09 Speed3. I put in a brand new stock clutch pressure plate and Fidanza flywheel along with 3 quarts of FoMoCo gear oil. I now have almost 700 miles on the clutch after riding no higher than 3k rpms for the first 250 miles, the next 150-200 slight boost but still very conservative and after 500+ I started to do some WOT runs that I had no issues with. Crisp, quick, clean power shifting 1st-3rd EVERY single time. About two days ago I go to drive my car and notice that the shifter took a much greater effort to put in gear but once it went into gear it didn't grind, click or make any odd noises and would always shift just with added effort/pressure. I have continued to do a couple WOT runs and it still shifts like it came out of the dealership if not better. I also forgot to mention that once the car warms up it starts to shifter better but not completely. Could this be the master cylinder or slave, especially fresh out a brand new clutch/ flywheel install that had no previous issues for over 500 miles? Thanks

Back