Mazdaspeed RAYS Forged 18 x 7.5 wheels, w/ Hankook V12s, Center Caps, TPMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
:
2008 Mazdaspeed3
These wheels have served me well over the past two years and 30K miles, but with the road conditions around here, I wanted some more rubber (sidewall) on the road---so I'm rolling on 16's for the foreseeable future. I will be sad to see the MS Rays go. I've never seen another wheel that looks better on the MS3. Case in point:

2007_mazda_mazdaspeed-3_f34_ft_1_815.jpg

Nevertheless, I don't have room to store a set of wheels, so the Rays have got to go. I just installed Hankook Ventus V12 Evos on them a couple months ago, so I'm certainly gonna take a hit on this one. Guess you gotta pay to play. These wheels have been thoroughly discussed, but here are the relevant details:

Size: 18 x 7.5J
Offset: +52.5mm (same as OE)
Weight: 17 lbs (7.7 kg)
Color: Hi-Light Silver
Part No: BLMS-8M-201

In general, I would call the condition of the wheels very good. I tried to take good care of them---frequent washes and applications of quik detailer, occasional clay bar and wax job. But s*** happens, you know. They've picked up some nicks and scratches on the road. And one of them got scuffed pretty badly by the tire installer, so I had it repainted. Still, it's only in Macro mode that you'll notice these things. No curb rash. If you'd like, I can send you high-res versions of the images below.

The V12s are 225/45-18, purchased in October. The rears show no measurable wear. As you can see below the "HANKOOK" on the center rib is still showing. The logo has worn off of the fronts, though. I measure 9/32" out of an original 10/32". So yeah, they're practically new. Pics of tread depth below. Keep in mind I may put a hundred more miles on them while my 16's are at the powder coater.

MAZDASPEED center caps and TPMS are included. For peace of mind I will also include the original receipts, as well as the installation instructions and warranty info that came with the wheels.

Asking price is $1500. These wheels new will run you $1700 mounted and balanced. And they are just a powder coating away from perfection, say $300 including dismounting, remounting the tires. So that's $1400. A new set of 225/45-18 V12's would run $550 minimum. These are barely used, so call it $500. So we're talking a total value of $1900. I want to sell these quickly, though, so I'm knocking 20% off and offering these for $1500. If you are genuinely interested, make me a reasonable offer. No lowballing, please.

Located in Long Beach, CA. Prefer to deal locally, but if the price is right I will ship them. PM me with your zip or just do the Fedex calculator yourself. Seems to be cheapest shipping method for wheels and tires. Correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/home?cc=US&language=en&locId=express

From 90802 to your zip---cheaper if you have a business address where you can receive shipments. It's 4 packages, each weighing 41 lbs (164 lbs total), my packaging 26" x 26" x 9" and worth $375 each.

IMG_0271.JPG

IMG_0267.JPG

IMG_0268.JPG

IMG_0269.JPG

IMG_0276.JPG

Last edited:
Posted this over in the Wheels/Rims/Tires, but there seems to be more traffic in here. If I'm committing a grave forum faux pas by double posting, go ahead and delete this thread.
Yea, sorry. If you want this thread moved LMK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back