Mazdaspeed Protege won't start and alarm problems

:
03.5 msp titanium
So i just started up my car after 2 years and after a full weekends worth of work, i tried firing it back up to move it back into its temporary spot till i can work on it next.. but my alarm system is effing with me?!

Ive relocated my battery to trunk, and had it disconnected for the day while working on it..

My car didnt have any carpet, center console, seats, trim, headliner, ANYTHING in it until later that day.. while i had it apart i ripped out all my stereo s*** which im assuming is my problem... i first connected battery; and normally right after i connect my electrics i use my car remote to arm/disarm the alarm once or twice before i start..

THIS TIME though, I connected battery and remote wouldnt do anything. no unlock. no lock. no alarm. My red light on dash is blinking like my system is working.. but i cant do anything with it.. Tried starting it whilst light continues to blink and ofc... alarm goes off.

wtf do i do to disarm/reenable this s***?? Its like it thinks i jacked it.. technology is stupid. If someone wants to steal my car its not that f...ing hard. I just want to start it without cutting/jacking with it more..

help?

Right up under the dash on the driver's side. Grab a flashlight and crawl under there you will find it. It's attached to a large metal bracket.

If that does not work. Put key in drivers door. turn twice to the right (blinking red light will stop) and once to the left. this will reset your alarm.

so.. problems.

I crawled up under there and didnt find any button. found the mazda vehicle security system and another sensor with a white knob/button on side and red blink-light

i pressed the white one since there was no button to be seen even on the mvss console.. connected battery and had the blinking red light on dashboard. went back underneath with battery on and tried the button/knob again..

my remotes arent working and now that ive kinda messed with the sensor... MY ALARM WONT STOP; every time i connect battery my alarm is just going.

now.. I have keys; tried starting,
have remotes, no lock, unlock or alarm works on either (did a week ago)
my doors are still off. could this be a factor??? I have everything finished on them except installing my newly tinted windows, reassembling the handles and putting trim/panels on.. maybe will do today/tomorrow... will this be messing me up??

dont know what to do and i want to start er up

My alarm modules plug into harness they could be removed completely and then the harness plugs back into itself. Is yours able to be completely removed? Just the alarm box and the one with the white knob. the keyless entry should still work because that is a different module than the other 2.

If your car is a original msp they all came with factory alarms unless changed to aftermarket. There really should be a button under your dash turn your key to on position and press button. If u have your owners manual it tells u too.

its a 2003.5 msp, seems like original alarm system (mazda vehicle security stamp).. i cant find any damn button up under there :( ill look in manual...

any chance of a pic??

maybe button is behind a trim panel i have to remove??

omfg i found the little black button!!!

thank god its there..

impossible to find... guess thats a good thing?

it worked. but for some reason my remotes arent anymore.. everything is plugged back in.

btw. future reference.. its pretty much behind the coin slot on left side of steering wheel

BOTH of them worked as of 2 weeks ago; after i got my engine started but before all this mishap..

ill look into it thanks for the program info amigo

Hi bro! can you put a picture from the location of button?? thanks!!

Hi bro! can you put a picture from the location of button?? thanks!!

it worked. but for some reason my remotes arent anymore.. everything is plugged back in.

btw. future reference.. its pretty much behind the coin slot on left side of steering wheel

After scouring the internet, trying to figure out where the fool button is, looking for pictures/videos/anything, I finally found this, your beautiful, wonderful, little gem of a comment describing the location. In honor of you, and with great gratitude, I will attempt to gift The Internet with a picture of The Secret Mazda Button (hopefully it uploads). Go ye forth, frustrated Old Mazda owners, and reset thine alarms!

Attachments

• IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0023 2.jpeg
    IMG_0023 2.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 72
Back