Mazdaspeed Protege Aftermarket Parts Listing

If the plug is at .044 you have to re-gap the plug. I use ZFR6F plugs, the iridiums will work but honestly probably aren't worth the money over the ZFRs, just don't use copper BKRs. If you get the plug without the -11 at the end of the part number it should have a smaller gap.

Stock plug gap is .028"-.032", when I first installed ZFR6F-11s they were gapped at .044" and the car ran like crap and misfired. Fixing all of them to .030" solved the problem.

Last edited:
Does xcelerated concepts not exist anymore? Been searching all over but can't seem to find them

i dont know if OP is still around but can we get an update to this thread please? most of these parts listed are no longer being produced and it would be great to have a comprehensive listing of stuff that is still available. i know parts can be found used on the market place, but certain stuff (such as DPs) are rare and no one is making them. it would be great for new owners, or just guys who havent gotten around to modifying their msps until now, to be able to see a list of new parts they can still buy. if anyone is willing to tackle this lmk, i would be willing to help.

i dont know if OP is still around but can we get an update to this thread please? most of these parts listed are no longer being produced and it would be great to have a comprehensive listing of stuff that is still available. i know parts can be found used on the market place, but certain stuff (such as DPs) are rare and no one is making them. it would be great for new owners, or just guys who havent gotten around to modifying their msps until now, to be able to see a list of new parts they can still buy. if anyone is willing to tackle this lmk, i would be willing to help.

An update the this thread would be really nice. I was just handed down the Mazda speed from my pops. All stock with 26k miles on it. Looking for up to date upgrades for my MSP! Thanks

A lot of the things I looked for in the list don't exist on the sites they refer to BUT gave me good leads to find what I wanted

If the plug is at .044 you have to re-gap the plug. I use ZFR6F plugs, the iridiums will work but honestly probably aren't worth the money over the ZFRs, just don't use copper BKRs. If you get the plug without the -11 at the end of the part number it should have a smaller gap.

Stock plug gap is .028"-.032", when I first installed ZFR6F-11s they were gapped at .044" and the car ran like crap and misfired. Fixing all of them to .030" solved the problem.

I installed the ZFR6F-11s and did not gap, I left at 0.044" but the car seems to run fine and idles nicely at least from what I can tell. lol

You still need to gap them, they will blow out in boost and the car will hesitate even worse than normal. If you don't notice the difference you have much bigger problems going on.

You still need to gap them, they will blow out in boost and the car will hesitate even worse than normal. If you don't notice the difference you have much bigger problems going on.

Oh s*** we don't want that happening! I will gap them asap then!

And.. bigger problems?! :O like?

Last edited:
Back