Mazdaspeed Proteg current count?

:
2003.5 MSP Blazing Yellow
Mazdaspeed Proteg current count?

Is there anyway that this can be accomplished? A challenge the members of www.mazda247.com to put forth a diligent effort to pin down and determine how many remaining Mazdaspeed Protgs are currently registered in the United States and Canada?

★ Collect information from legitimate sources such as these;
DMV - Department of Motor Vehicles
DOL - Department of Licencing

☆ For Canada, in British Columbia search 'ICBC' and so on for each Province
I know some Provinces there may be issues due to certain regulations or laws. One such being
The 'Access to Motor Vehicle Information Regulation' (AMVIR). I'm from the US so I'm like (huh)??

★ Determine total number of each of the following
○Spicy Orange
○Black
○Titanium Gray Metallic
○Blazing Yellow Mica
○Sunlight Silver Metallic
○Laser Blue

A database of how many are left of the 4,500 unit originally produced that are registered as of 2014-2015.
This database should EXCLUDE any information pertaining to personal information and/or the owners location.

Have fun. And nice "2003.5 MAZDASPEED PROTETE"

-Preferio- Thanks its not really modded, not close at all to your spicy.

Gotta start searching somewhere, maybe just wishful thinking? IDK. I'd like to get some kind of bearing on what the MSP potentially will be worth in the future that is all. As it stands a Blazing Yellow Mica edition is already something of a rarity it seems these days

Last edited:
I see more yellow than any other color.

I wish someone had real info on how many MSPs came to canada, cause mazda has no idea.

PS read Preferio's comment again and check your sig lol

I see more yellow than any other color.

I wish someone had real info on how many MSPs came to canada, cause mazda has no idea.

PS read Preferio's comment again and check your sig lol

LOL. This is going to be next to impossible to find out, btw.

I see Titaniums more often than the others. I also see quite a few black ones, too.

*raises hand*
+1
allnighte.gif

I definitely see the most Titaniums then black after that, which makes sense because they were made the most, then I would say yellow, orange, silver and blue (ranked from most common to I never see those damn laser blues).
There is a similar database for Bullitt mustangs and it definitely takes a lot of effort, and even then to make it complete would be damn near impossible. But I am all for it, #1345 Titanium is here in Austin, Tx along with a handful of others.

Good luck brother... These census polls have been tried before but with so many being totaled or scrapped I'd estimate the number to be dwindling.

I've got a mica black 03. I just currently rescued it from a horrible owner. In the process of trying to make it what it is. A clean rare car lol.

I've seen only 1 Laser blue and probably a good handful of each of the other colors. I personally have only seen 2 maybe 3 blazing yellow ones. And one of those though most likely was a MP3, couldn't quite get a good view as it was a midst the freeway traffic and heading in the opposite direction.

This would be interesting to see. hope you can make something happen. I purchased my MSP brand new off the show room floor and now almost 11 years later still have her. I love the rarity and just recently have seen a resurgence of them start to appear. I attended a car show this year and was the only speed in the lot. was pretty cool.

That is going to be really tough to find out. I think total I've only seen 4 on the roads near me, and have yet to come across a blue one.

Laser Blue here as well. There used to be a Titanium here but it was an Army dude who's transferred outta here. Local young cat has a beat upon Laser Blue as well that he's let go to waste (sadbanana) and it's been sitting in his yard w/out plates for months...

there was only 2 around east KY. that i know of. my titanium and a buddies black. then he moved to atl so now there's only mine. there was a mp3 that used to come to town every now and then. but I'm sure he wasn't from around here.

Back