Mazdaspeed CAI for MS6???

amillman2

:
Mazdaspeed6
Ok so i just called my dealership cuz i wanna get a CAI but my car has a 7 year extended warranty.. so obviously i dont wanna void it so i was gunna go with the Mazdaspeed CAI and they told me the part is $373.00 .... ******* rediculious but .. whatever.. it keeps me under warranty.. and then they proceed to tell me that the install is $250.00 !?!?!?! WTF!?! there is no way in hell im gunna pay the mechanics $250.00 for a 20 min. install.. can this possibly be right? and if so does anyone know a way i can "bargain" with them or something.. $250 for 20 mins means they can make $750 and hour just doing CAI installs.. thats one hell of a business right there and did i mention REDICULIOUS.

Do a little searching to find the answers.

Yes, the part is expensive from the dealer, but you don't need to buy it from them. Also, that price for install is crazy. You can find it online for around/under $300, and install it yourself.

Do a little searching to find the answers.

Yes, the part is expensive from the dealer, but you don't need to buy it from them. Also, that price for install is crazy. You can find it online for around/under $300, and install it yourself.

I agree with tunersteve. I got mine from the dealership from $320 but that's because they quoted me at that and then tried to change it back to $370. install is super easy, it was one of my first installs and so i went really really slow and read the directions very carefully and took my time and it took about and hour or so. Just find it somewhere cheaper like ProtegeGarage or SU, or somewhere similar and then install yourself. It will give you a sense of true ownership :D

but i thought the only way to keep ur warranty is if THEY install it??.. i know i can get the part elsewhere.. they wold me today they can do 2 hours instead of 2.5 lol!

but i thought the only way to keep ur warranty is if THEY install it??.. i know i can get the part elsewhere.. they wold me today they can do 2 hours instead of 2.5 lol!

They would have to prove you did something wrong on the install. If you bring it in and they question you, just tell them you found another dealer that did it for you.

Back