Mazda TSB.. Tranny temp sensor short.. where?

Epic|

So [I am ashamed to say] I have a 95 1.5 auto protege and it's developed the random downshift issue as expressed by Mazda:

mazda said:
1997 MAZDA PROTEGE TSB 01098 Details

Bulletin #: 01098
Sequence #: 6092410
Date: 10/14/1998
Component Name: 103100 power train:automatic transmission:control module (tcm, pcm)
Make: Mazda
Model: Protege

Summary: Some vehicles may exhibit erratic shifting, o/d off indicator light flashing with malfunction indicator lamp on as a result of the valve body harness (transaxle fluid temperature sensor circuit) being pinched by a metal clip which is attach

Luckily they don't say where the clip is and I can't find it. Currently I am driving the car with all transmission sensors and ECU unplugged which gives me first and second gear manually. This is less than optimal. Anyone know where the short is? I have better things to do than tear through the entire wiring harness looking for it so if no one knows I'll just set this pile on fire and call it a day.

I didn't see anything from a search through a few hundred posts.

God I hate this car. It was given to me, got $800 for damages from an accident and I nearly paid too much. Yes, profiting from owning this car is barely enough to make up for the fail that is Mazda.

Cool. continuity between the harness and the transmission case. Should I drop the pan or push this worthless heap off a cliff? Decisions, decisions.

Lulz. I have the tranny pan off and am trying to locate the issue. So far all I've been able to do is get pissed off and beat the car with a jack handle.

I'll never understand why you guys like these things.

Back