Mazda Demio 2

Gerry Mac

:
MAZDA DEMIO 2 2003
Help please!!! I have a Mazda Demio 2 2003 Japanese import here in Cyprus

I find that the stock Radio/CD player only plays certain CD's and the radio tuning band only goes up to 90mhzs, does anyone know how to rectify this??
or better still where to get a face plate so that I can change the radio that is factory fitted as an all in one unit,including heater contols etc etc
Thanks Gerry

Hello,

First time poster, altho I've been browsing here for a while, finally got the courage to make a post. I thought I would ask the advice of the Mazda gurus in here :) [apologies for bumping an old thread - please feel free to move if this is not allowed].

I have just purchased a Mazda Demio 2003 (Japanese import) and it's a great car, but I can't seem to get the radio to tune past 90MHz FM, which I understand is the Japanese frequency range.

It seems the radio is built-in to the dash and will be very hard, if nigh on impossible, to remove and/or replace. I have seen that Fascias are available for various Mazdas which allow you to install your own custom radio - are they available for a 2003 Demio?

Otherwise, is it possible to somehow reprogramme the radio to work on 87.5 to 108.0MHz, or do I (somehow) need to fit a band expander?

Thanks in advance :)

hey Gerry,

I'm new at the forum as well and i bought a demio 2 last friday! :) i had the same exact issue. i believe a band expander would work pretty well in your case. however, if you want to put a new radio in say a pioneer or something you will run into lots of problems :S.. there are circuit boards behind the panel that are essential to the operation of a couple functions.. this is what the back of it looks like :S http://www.trinituner.com/v3/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=477984

there is absolutely no room behind there to put a new head unit.. so you'd have to put it in an alternative place.. i'm actually considering what this guy did but i don't want to because of theft.. my car is right hand drive i bolted mine on the right side of the steering by where the fuse box is temporarily i'll have a picture of what i did for you later

Latest posts

Back