Mazda Connected Services question

Yeah my '19 CX-5 doesn't have it, but my '23 CX-50 does. But be careful what you wish for, I find it pretty much useless in real world operation. The only decent thing is the remote start for winter, except that is a pain as it kills the engine when you open the door. My aftermarket one on the CX-5 does NOT do that, and works from the fob, so much easier to use. Also, I keep getting "door unlocked" notifications on my phone if I've had the car unlocked for a few minutes while loading/unloading, etc. Bit of a pain. On top of all that, you only get it for 3 years, after which they charge you subscription fees. AND they use it to track the operation/speed/location etc of your car and you cannot opt-out without disabling it. Ugh.

Yuck. Only 3 years and they track you. I'm surprised that they haven't added individual tire pressure readings on the dashboard.

On my CX-50, they're available under one of the menus on the radio display. Not sure about the CX-5 since my wife is out of town with it.

Yeah my '19 CX-5 doesn't have it, but my '23 CX-50 does. But be careful what you wish for, I find it pretty much useless in real world operation. The only decent thing is the remote start for winter, except that is a pain as it kills the engine when you open the door. My aftermarket one on the CX-5 does NOT do that, and works from the fob, so much easier to use.
As someone with this 'painful' implementation of an aftermarket remote starter, since 2016: it's...not a pain. Of course, I know the alternative is better, but the people that complain about this... come on now...it's one button to push when you get in. Is it really THAT much of a 'pain'?

It seems you can disable connected services if you call. It's also in the Mazda App but its buried. You will also lose the only thing I care about which is remote start.
I attached a screen shot.

I find it insane that the remote start isn't on the key fob. It is certainly enormous enough to house the button lol

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-07-12 at 8.49.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-12 at 8.49.19 AM.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Back