Mazda 323 Protege5 Transmission Rebuilt Question !?

ali_viento

:
Mazda 323 Turbo BPT
Hi everyone ,

Im a DSMer that working more than 10 years on DSM/Evo 4g63 turbo engines , but im starting the mazda protege5 project for one of my customer and i've done full rebuilt the BPT 1.8 ngine with all supporting mods like Wiseco pistons , Eagle rods , ARP's , Cometic HG , ACL race bearings and made a decent SS 304 tubular full race style manifold with T3 flange and PTE5858 turbo . all things done in this project and the car is running so nice but my main problem with this car is the transmission . one time we just broken 3rd gear and transmission case since its really weak transmission with open differential for such high horsepower we want to get with no LSD and also the Gear ratios of 323 protege5 is really short and like you know we need the tall gear set to make a good 1/4 miles run .
since im newbie in mazda cars , i just need to know that is there any company have the full rebuilt transmission gear kit or complete rebuilt transmission that i can buy from them directly ?! i know some vendors on DSM's that make a very strong AWD and FWD transmission with custom gears to capable up to 1000 HP but dont know anything about mazda's . i must mention the factory engine of this 323 protege5 was 1.6 16v and now its BP 1.8 engine .

Please let me know ASAP.
Thank you in advance
Ali

Thanks alot for the infos .

I just checked the PAR gear set and it seems they just sells the gears , not the complete rebuilt tranny . since the shimming of each bearings and shaft are very important and i dont have any shims for this transmission then i prefer to buy the complete rebuilt tranny with case and LSD inside completely from company like Sheptrans or JACKStransmissions on DSM's but you think PAR will do it for us ?!
Also checked MFactory thread about making the full gear set for mazda transmission but its didnt done yet and they are in the middle of designing and making but i need to buy and prepare this transmission as soon as possible .
By the way , there is no more option on this transmission ?!

PAR will build the tranny for you but problem is they're in Australia so...
Like you wrote on your signature , you have PAR gearset then please let me know your experience with this gears ? which options did you ordered from them and also which ratios did you choose ?! you have welded diff or LSD on your car ?! i think Quaife has LSD for this tranny . im not so familiar with mazda's transmission then the mazda 323 protege5 is F25mr on their 1.6 16v engine ?! i know the G series transmission is stronger than F series and it seems G series transmission comes on FS-DE or FS-DET engines !? also all F or G series transmission will bolt on BP 1.8 engine and FS-DE 2.0 engine ?!

Since im in Dubai UAE then i think its not bad to order complete transmission and ship it with economy method but it depends on them .

Since the engine you are using is a bpt I'd recomend getting the E153 transmission off either an mr2 turbo or a v6 Camry. There is plenty source material online on how to get this to work. There is a few things you have to do to get the tranny work but it's a nice upgrade because the E153 can handle much more than the transmission our cars come with.

You are going to need a few parts from a couple different toyota cars but It would probably be cheaper than custom building a tranny

Since the engine you are using is a bpt I'd recomend getting the E153 transmission off either an mr2 turbo or a v6 Camry. There is plenty source material online on how to get this to work. There is a few things you have to do to get the tranny work but it's a nice upgrade because the E153 can handle much more than the transmission our cars come with.

You are going to need a few parts from a couple different toyota cars but It would probably be cheaper than custom building a tranny
Really thank you for mention this matter ,
would you please let me know the link that show what we need to do this upgrade , im sure i can find the Mr2 turbo or even V6 camry transmission here .

I found some project page for installing E153 transmission on BPT engine but all of them is on 1st gen Protege and couldnt find the protege5 project , do you know anyone that install this tranny on his protege5 ?

Thanks Alot

Protege5s didn't come with a 1.8. You will use an adapter plate and probably custom mounts as well

I found some project page for installing E153 transmission on BPT engine but all of them is on 1st gen Protege and couldnt find the protege5 project , do you know anyone that install this tranny on his protege5 ?

Thanks Alot

I don't know anyone personally who used the e153 in a protege 5 but I know someone who used it in a mazdaspeed protege so it's basically the same car. Go to toprotege.com and contact vtec-this he is currently running a bpt in his mazdaspeed and he should have all the info you need on what u need.

back to this old thread cause now we need to order the Clutch kit for OEM ( F series ) transmission for now ( already ordered the full rebuilt G series transmission from PAR ) then i couldnt find the part number on ACT website since we have good experiences already with ACT all models on our DSM's and i think maybe the ACT 2600 or 2900 with 4 or 6 puk is good enough for now but i dont know the ACT make the flywheel for this engine or not !? also maybe there is another good clutch company that makes stronger clutch for this tranny that you already used then just please let me know .
plus is the clutch kit and flywheel are interchangeable between F series and G series transmission ?! the ACT streetlite flywheel is good choice but i dont know the ACT made for this model or not !!?

Ok there is no response here .....

But it seems i found the correct clutch kit for the F series transmission with this part number : ACT ZP1-XTG6 and the only difference between the F series tranny and G series tranny is on the inpit shaft splines quantity that F series is 20 and G series is 22 plus F series disk is 200 mm but G series is 225mm then now i need to know another thing that is there any aftermarket flywheel available to order with this ACT clutch kit ( 200 mm ) , like i already said before i will be order another 225 mm clutch kit in future to works with our built G series transmission then is the G series Fidanza flywheel ( 161721 ) will work on 200 mm clutch kit ?!

Thanks again
Ali

Back