Mazda 3 Not taking fuel

TYBO

:
2007 Mazda 3 GT 5 spd
I have a 2007 3 that recently stopped taking fuel. As soon as I go to fill up the pu,p just keeps on clicking every few seconds. I can get some fuel in teh car but it takes forever and if im not careful it will start coming back out.
No check engine light has come on, and this is something that happened suddenly.
Any guesses as to why might be the problem. Blocked vent tube or canister vent valve maybe?
Im just at a loss as no CEL has come on
Thanks for the help if anyone has run into this before or heard of it happening.

Cheers

I just had this happen to me today...
Got the car in Sept. and had one minor issue like this. I just adjusted the pump and it was fine that time. I looked into the tank and noticed that the little metal door that closes off the inlet to the tank was bent a little and not closing flush. I dont know if that was like that when I bought the car, or if I did it because I had to adjust the pump so I was kinda pushing down on it to 'keep a seal' if you will.I called and asked the dealer about the flap not closing properly as I was more concerned that fuel pressure may go down or I may be losing gas thru evaporation. Dealer said that if no check engine lights were on then it should be fine due to the fact that there is another 'flap' down lower that seals off the tank. The pump not staying on I didn't feel was an issue as I was able to 'fix' it the first time it clicked off by adjusting the pump as I described.

That was about 2 months ago.

This morning when I left the house I was literally running on fumes. My dash display read 0 miles left in tank. I coasted to the gas station, put five bucks in so I could run to the bank,no problem pumping, then went back to the station to fill up, and had the exact same thing happen to me! I'm going to see if it does it again at my next fill up and if so I'll get back in touch with the dealer see if they have any explanation.

Btw, I also have an 07 3s GT

If you find anything out, please update! I'll do the same.

Thanks

Still not fixed

So I took it to Mazda, they did a diagnosis and told me that it was a faulty "leak detection pump" Quoted me $620 to fix. I bought the part from them and had a friend of mine who is a mechanic put it in. Took it to the gas station and.......still didnt work. Still the pump is clicking off every $.10 or so. They told me that they checked the filler neck and hoses, the purge valve and charcoal canister and they were all fine, so that the problem was going to be the leak detection pump. Anyone else have any ideas?????
Anyways I will be going in to Mazda first hing tomorrow and demanding some answers and some money back from them, as I bought the 250 part and turns out its not the problem.
Ill post what happens and what the fix ended up being.

I went back to the dealer and they were actually pretty good about it, told me that they would refund me the money for the part and take a look at the car again, catch is that I have to go and remove the new leak detection pump, which involved dropping the subframe, a bit of a pain in the ass, but at least they are working with me on it. I told them that I thought it might have something to do with the filler neck and after a tech looked at it he did tell me that one of the rollover valves was sticking somewhat. He then told me the only way to fix it is to either remove the valve or replace the entire filler neck - which they quoted me at $420 - just for the part. Im thinking of just removing the valve, might not be the most wise idea, but most def the easiest on the pocket book
You still having issues too?

Sorry for the delay in response. So far so good. I actually just filled up today and was fine. Had a moment where I thought it was going to happen again, but it was fine. I appreciate your posts though, I'll definitely remember this if I ever have the problem more consistently.

GL

Back