Mazda 2 Coilovers - Which to buy

obsessionz

:
Mazda 2
Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a set of coilovers for my mazda 2.

3 coilover kit options are:

H&R Springs Mazda 2 Coilover Suspension

CUSCO Compact ZERO-1 Coilover Kit

TEIN Mazda 2 Street Advance Coilover

Which would you guys, recommend and why? I'm heading more towards the Cusco coilover kit as I have had a set before and the quality was amazing.
Also like that you can adjust the damper setting from 1-6 depending how firm you want the ride. Which I don't think the H&R kit has this feature?

Does anyone know the spring rates of the H&R or Tein coilover?

Any feedback would be great.

Why are you limiting yourself to those 3? I think with cusco you are paying a bit extra just for the name, not to say that they aren't good quality. I haven't heard any reviews on them though for our car.

Honestly, if I had to pick one of your options I'd go with the teins because of the adjustability. Also, tein has a pretty good reputation, they are rebuildable, somewhat reasonably priced, and you can usually pick your spring rate, or order different springs down the road.

The bilstein kit has very good spring rates, although the dampers are not adjustable. If I had to buy coilovers now I'd probably go with the bilsteins.

Also....if you tell us what type of driving (track, autocross, etc) you are planning on doing with the car, and what type of ride quality you can endure it would help.

Just want to slam for fun, I miss that go kart feeling as this is my daily..

No I won't be tracking ill leave that to my weekend car.

Then I doubt you could go wrong wither way. Check out CRGracer's build thread. He's on ksport coilovers, and you can see for yourself what type of drop is possible with those. Hint: "low" does not begin to describe that car.

Not trying to hijack your tread but I think it's relevant.
Trying to decide which coil over for my car.
Tein street advance or super compact, rang the Australian rep today about street advance he said they were the entry level an recommended super compact for there adjustable tops.
Every body I ask seems to have their own opinion.
He also said the spring rate was too soft, think he said it needed 5kg/ mm rather than the 3.5/4 kg/mm it has.
Thought you guys might know the truth.

Just want to slam for fun, I miss that go kart feeling as this is my daily..

No I won't be tracking ill leave that to my weekend car.

KSports are good for just slamming the car.. i.e. if you wanna see how low they can go, with some creative thinking, check out my build thread, as others have said, or check out my sig.

Not trying to hijack your tread but I think it's relevant.
Trying to decide which coil over for my car.
Tein street advance or super compact, rang the Australian rep today about street advance he said they were the entry level an recommended super compact for there adjustable tops.
Every body I ask seems to have their own opinion.
He also said the spring rate was too soft, think he said it needed 5kg/ mm rather than the 3.5/4 kg/mm it has.
Thought you guys might know the truth.

My KSports have 4kg Front, 3kg rears, and for the height that I'm at (very low if you didn't know), the spring rates are too soft. With saying that, I'm pushing what the KSports can even run for lowness lol

KSports are good for just slamming the car.. i.e. if you wanna see how low they can go, with some creative thinking, check out my build thread, as others have said, or check out my sig.

My KSports have 4kg Front, 3kg rears, and for the height that I'm at (very low if you didn't know), the spring rates are too soft. With saying that, I'm pushing what the KSports can even run for lowness lol

Quick question about your mazda 2.

With the coilovers installed, does the car feel alot lower when driving? or do you still feel like your sitting up high? Also do you get much wheel rub against guards?

Sorry for all the questions, Just miss that low feeling from my previous cars. I have owned a DC2R, DC5R, EP3, EG5. Love my hondas.

Did you look at his pictures? I don't think anyone can drive that and not feel low.

Yes I can see pics but while sitting inside the car. Mazda 2 seats are quite high. Sitting in a stock Mazda 2 feels high compared to a stock Eg civic or dc2r this is why I asked does it give you that same low feeling when you get into the car ?

Also anyone know the spring rates for the H&R coilovers? I know cusco are - Front: 6k - Rear: 3k .
I think would have to order 8k for the front don't think 6 is firm enough.

I pm'd you already, but, at least in North America, you have the pump on the side of the seat to raise or lower seat height. Mine is as low as it goes.. I'm also 5'8 so with that, and how low I am, yes it does feel low.

I don't know spring rates on the H&R's.

For the Cusco's, 6k isn't bad. Just so you know, I'm planning on getting around 10k front, and 8/9k rears this year.. but I absolutely need it for the height I'm at/planning on getting to.

Sorry I'll make that more clear: I'm planning on getting custom spring rate coil springs for my KSports , around 10k front, and 8/9k rears this year.. but I absolutely need it for the height I'm at/planning on getting to.

Sorry I'll make that more clear: I'm planning on getting custom spring rate coil springs for my KSports , around 10k front, and 8/9k rears this year.. but I absolutely need it for the height I'm at/planning on getting to.

Haha, if you go much lower you could be a snowplow!

Latest posts

Back