Mark on front chrome

When cleaning the car this weekend I found a strange mark on the chrome underneath the front grill.

5FAF3597-FCEE-48E2-89A6-F4C852AC28A1.png

I have never noticed it before and it looks patterned like it could have transferred from something.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be used to try and clean it without doing any damage to the chrome finish?

Some quick fixes you may already have. I'm guessing you tried any regular wax? Also try some vinegar.

Thanks for the suggestions. I haven’t tried anything on it yet as I didn’t want to make things worse. I will try some Autosol as a few have suggested.

I have also noticed that there is a different Autosol product called M1 for chromed plastic which I think the CX-5 trim is made of. It says on the product page that using regular Autosol would probably also abrade printed on chrome.

Just wondering if anyone has actually used either product on the CX-5 chrome trim with positive results?

Last edited:
I regular use standard Autosol to prevent from fade, and for protect chrome.
Great on all kind of chrome on, plast, brass, steel etc.

Some quick fixes you may already have. I'm guessing you tried any regular wax? Also try some vinegar.
I don't recommend wax. I used it on my cx5's dark chrome grill part and it made a mess of it. I was able to scrub off the wax eventually but it was a lot of work.

Back