Main and Rod Bearing/Bushings

gage311

:
2002 Protege es
So I spun a rod bushing well a couple but one was really bad so I micro polished it on my lathe. The haynes manual says the rod journal diameter should be between 1.8879 and 1.8874 mine measures out at 1.8871. I've already bought a set of main and rod bushings but that was prior to the micro polish. My question is should I get undersized bushing? I'll only need the one but I can only find sets. Does any one know where I can get one? Also most only say over size and I know the difference but they also they say oversized by .010 or 0.020 so do i need to take more off the crank or should i be ok with standard bushing or the .010

I should mention its the 2002 mazda protege fs de motor for more info and pics check out my other post
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123834866-Rebuild

oversise means undersize. an oversize bearing is for a crank cut smaller.

it'll probably be fine with a normal bearing but you never know. it'd be safer to cut it to the next o/s.

The RIGHT thing to do is measure the actual clearance. who knows, maybe you got a bearing cut .0003 tight and it'll balance out. Plastigauge is the tool in question BTW.

Back