lowering on ground conntrol

charliemsp

:
Mazda Mazdaspeed protege 251
hey guys! I recently purchased a lowering kit, used ground control I admit i didn't do enough research before I purchased them.. So I bought them, only knowing that they were an adjustable coil over kit (spring and adjustable collar) that supposedly would fit on to the stock strut with" little or no modification." BUT! what their website failed to inform me on was that i would not be able to have full adjustment if i just threw them on my stock struts. So I had to cut off the spring seat so the collar could be seated with out any wobble and this allowed my to a have full function of the adjustable collar. So as of right now i have them as low as they can go. I was wondering if any of y'all have done this or something similar if so what problems have you run in to???
IMG_2044.JPG
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAFJ8/1404MmKqQMA/w769-h577-no/IMG_2045.JPG

Before strut
4u8asyne.jpg

After I cut it up
ru5ejy7u.jpg

Spring after
ura9yme8.jpg
and here is the kit
ha2enuzy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dont expect your stock struts to last very long. Ground Control makes quality products, but I dont like the coilover sleeve design since the lower you go, the less strut travel you have.

Going on 20k on the same stats no problems rides good with minimal bouncing

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Looks like the sleeve would fall straight to the bottom of the strut, is there enough lip to support the bottom of the sleeve.

Back