Lock Doors while Defrosting..NO IT IS NOT A DUMB QUESTION

mrsdubose

:
Brilliant Black 2008 GT CX-9 FWD
Looked through the forum but couldn't find an answer (I have a 08 GT)

Woke up this morning and frost is all over the 9. We live in apartments so I have to go down to defrost car (we don't have remote start but think we might have to get it..can it be purchased after market). Back to the story...So I thought you could take the auxiliary key out and crank up the 9 and then lock the doors with the remote but this didn't work..I had to leave the smart key in the car and then lock with this the auxiliary key...Is this the only way to get this done until we can get the remote engine start. What am I doing wrong(dunno)

I think remote start will unlock the doors also.
Check with people who own it.

Yes, remote start can be installed aftermarket.

When the auto start activates the doors lock BUT they way its setup on mine , the accesories are in use BUT not the car on with heater defroster etc...

hehe Scottb..I thought the same too

to clarify, I don't have remote start. I just want to know is there a different way to lock the door while the DEFROST is running so my car won't get stolen. I thought I could start the car with the auxillary key and then lock the doors by pressing the "lock button" on the smart key; however this didn't work. I had to leave the smart key in the car and lock the door with the aux. key. (On my way up the stairs, I suddenly think "oh fudge all a theif would have to do is press the button on the door" so I hurriedly get my kids downstairs). Since the smartkey is now in the car, does this mean my car can be opened by anyone if they just press the button on the door even after I locked it with the aux key. I don't want my car to be a SITTING DUCK.
(limb)

This was so much simpler with my 97 Accord..One key cranks and one key locks..ahh the wonders of Technology..In the words of P90X, I Hate it but I love it..(bang)

Last edited:
Start the car with the smart key fob on your person, then get out and lock the car with the aux key out of the fob. Take the fob and key with you while the car is warming up. Workable, but a remote start is a better option, since the doors lock when the car is remote-started and stops running if anyone attempts to put it in gear prior to the remote-start "unlock" command via a remote-start fob button push.

how will that work Weeks..the car starts beeping when the fob is out of range. (are you saying use the extra fob..it's my husband's and he takes it work..he leaves before me)

But yes you are right, remote start would be the way to go but I need a fix until then..

The car will stop beeping after about ten seconds, but will continue to run. That beeping is just to warn you that the fob is no longer in the car.

SWEET..thank you..(cabpatch) thought the beeping meant that it was going to shut off

You're welcome! Yeah, you really shouldn't need remote start down in SC, but I see you've been getting some unusually cold weather as of late!

Back