Lights Flickering

SuperProtege5

:
2004 Mazda 3 2.3
Last night I got in my car to go to a church group and it was cold outside. Anyway, as I was letting the car warm up some before driving, I noticed both the interior lights and headlights were flickering. I know that some will say thatits because I had my music cranked up but truthfully it was on like three bars, not that high. I was wondering if this is just because it was cold or if it could be a developing problem with the altenator.

SuperProtege5 said:
Last night I got in my car to go to a church group and it was cold outside. Anyway, as I was letting the car warm up some before driving, I noticed both the interior lights and headlights were flickering. I know that some will say thatits because I had my music cranked up but truthfully it was on like three bars, not that high. I was wondering if this is just because it was cold or if it could be a developing problem with the altenator.

Your alternator starting to die is certainly a possibility. However, the squirlyness could just be due to the drastic temperature change. Keep an eye on it though.

Back