Kuuhaku's Build

Kuuhaku

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Hey everyone,

Kuuhaku here. New to the Mazda scene, and glad to be a part of the family. Recently picked up this black Protege5 roller, just needs a new motor. I have a few plans for it and hope to take you guys on a roller coaster with the build.

Modifications:
Everything is OEM as of right now.

LGVhwt3.jpg

Last edited:
lol just saw this car on fb a couple days ago. i'm guessing you bought it from alex todd? looks like a real clean platform to start with!

welcome!

Welcome to Mazdas247! I just picked up my black P5 from NC back in May, very nice not having any of that cancerous rust! Looks like it needs some TLC, but still clean. Keen to see more (thumb)

lol just saw this car on fb a couple days ago. i'm guessing you bought it from alex todd? looks like a real clean platform to start with!

welcome!

Thanks for the welcome! I did get it from Alex =p. It is a solid platform to start with. Some minor things that I will have to change that the previous owner neglected but all in all great shape.

Welcome to Mazdas247! I just picked up my black P5 from NC back in May, very nice not having any of that cancerous rust! Looks like it needs some TLC, but still clean. Keen to see more (thumb)

Thank you! It does have some rust on the passenger side of the engine bay, over the wheel. I haven't started to sand it down yet but I believe it is salvageable. Doesn't appear to have gotten too deep. That is the only rust though.

...It does have some rust on the passenger side of the engine bay, over the wheel....

Funny you say that, I forgot that I actually have some rust in the exact same spot. I'm hoping it's not too deep and won't need to be cut out as I have no welding experience. What did the P.O neglect, if you don't mind me asking?

Funny you say that, I forgot that I actually have some rust in the exact same spot. I'm hoping it's not too deep and won't need to be cut out as I have no welding experience. What did the P.O neglect, if you don't mind me asking?

From what I have noticed so far. From motor that was in it, the oil pan was smashed in, TONS of dirt and rocks jammed and clogged every opening in the engine bay you can think of. Interior was disgusting, i didnt want to sit in it. Once I cleaned it, its like new now. The front brake lines have been stripped to death. If I ever have to replace the lines I will have to replace the main line against the firewall (still new to car lingo excuse my noobness). Motor mounts are botched to hell. He had screws bolted through the bushings holding the motor in. That is things I can only think of right now =p

Back