KLZE/DE headers, exhaust, ECU/MAF for Protege5 KL SWAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewis7789

Evan aka "Lady Hands"
Contributor
:
1995 MX-5, 2006 MZ5, 2001 Yamaha R1
Hey guys. I'm selling my complete exhaust setup, Milly ECU and MAF that was on my KL swapped P5. Everything worked perfectly and I didn't have any issues. I'm going with a boosted KL so I simply don't need these anymore. The cat back was on my car for 1 year, the headers and midpipe were on it for about 4 months.

The headers are OBX stainless steel wrapped with DEI header wrap and painted with DEI high temp silicone paint. They also have the second O2 bungs welded in for OBD2 KL ECU's.

The midpipe is custom made and welded in with a wideband sensor bung. The exhaust hangers were also welded in and will line right up to the P5, Protege and MSP.

The rest of the exhaust is a CorkSport Power Series stainless steel 2.4" (60mm) "cat back". I painted the muffler black but it can sand right off and be polished up again, no worries. There is a chip in the paint that looks like a dent (see pic) but I assure you, it's just not painted there.

There are no dents, rust, cracks, bangs, booms or whamo's to the exhaust system. This is a complete bolt in affair for a KLDE or KLZE swapped Protege5. Everything will also fit a Protege sedan or Mazdaspeed Protege but the muffler will need to be extended 4" by the rear bumper.

The ECU and MAF are both from an OB2 Mazda Millenia. This is the same setup I used for my KL swap and they worked great. (168.9whp) I just cleaned the MAF with MAF cleaner and they are both ready to go.

I take FS threads very seriously. Please check my feedback on eBay as Lewis7789 as well (67 transactions and 100% positive feedback) and am PayPal verified. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! I will ship out the next business day after payment is received. I will only ship to the lower 48 States, sorry Canadians. I will ship it via FedEx Ground and will get you and accurate shipping quote. Local pickup is also okay.

My PayPal address is Lewis7789 @ gmail.com

-The OBX headers were $315 shipped
-The DEI header wrap, zipties and paint were $60
-The CorkSport exhaust was ~$450 shipped
-the O2 bungs and midpipe hangers were $20 to weld in
So everything cost me $845

I'm selling the complete exhaust setup for $700 OBO +shipping

I'm selling the Millenia KL47 ECU and MAF for $150 OBO + shipping.

For audio clips of this exact setup on my old P5 here's some links;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI0iVebmzbk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmgupWv5dRA

Onto the pics! Ricky is a huge Mazda fan and will help with my signage.
ex1.jpg

ex2.jpg

ex3.jpg

ex4.jpg

ex5.jpg

ex6.jpg

ex7.jpg

ex8.jpg

kl1.jpg

kl2.jpg

kl3.jpg

Last edited:
holy f#$^#^
just 2 mins ago i was contemplating the idea of a swapped KL on the protege....
lol..

anyways, TTT

Vouching for a legit seller and product. I helped him out a bit on the swap, and the first time I heard this thing (heck, every time I heard it) it brought tears to my eyes. Not kidding at all, it sounds downright unbelievable in person.

Bump. Seems like a lot of P5 KL swaps going on lately. No one wants one less headache to worry about with their swap? :)

Haha! Ricky is not for sale. But thanks for the bump, my fellow P5 KL brotheren. ;)

Still plan on selling these? Was talkin to phen at the cookout about turbo the 2.0 n he was saying just do the swap so Im lookin into getting part list for it and came across this thread. Just thought id ask

Sorry, guys. I forgot about this thread. I'll be using the full exhaust on about a month on my next KL P5.

Would a mod please close this thread? Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back