Key fob signals and break-ins

Has anyone here used a Faraday type box or pouch to keep their fobs in while at home? Our car is right next to the house so I’m thinking of making one or buying one.

My 2014 touring doesn't have the tech package or advanced keyless entry so I guess I'm safe.
On another note here about locking--- I swear the car has, a few times, auto-locked the doors after I got out (engine off) but I don't remember enabling any settings (walkaway auto lock or some such)for it to do so.If it does, I'd like to disable it.Anybody have this happen to them.Appreciate replies. Thanks, Jmaz

Button pressed in your pocket. Every now and then my keys will orient themselves where they'll press the lock button if I move my leg in such a way.

Button pressed in your pocket. Every now and then my keys will orient themselves where they'll press the lock button if I move my leg in such a way.

This is what sucks about wearing skinny jeans. Considering I'm skinny...it sucks.

I added a viper remote start to my 2009 accord which had like half a mile range, well I didn't know but apparently I pushed the trunk release button in the office I was working in and came out to a open trunk. Nothing was stolen since I don't leave anything in my cars that I care about. But the accidental key presses are gut sinking.

Just like butt dialing your phone.

Sounds like time for cameras and an alarm. Unless your teen is sneaking into the car after hours.

Has anyone here used a Faraday type box or pouch to keep their fobs in while at home? Our car is right next to the house so I’m thinking of making one or buying one.

I've heard keeping your keys in the microwave is enough to shield the signal. Try at your own risk though :p

Latest posts

Back