K&N Drop-in Filter

the7thgear

:
06 Mazda3 touring
So I want to get a K&N drop in filter for my car to use with my stock airbox. I noticed that my car has one of those air resonators on the stock tube and know that sometimes people remove those when they add the K&N drop in filter which is what I will most likely do. My question is when you take it off what do you use to plug the hole?

Now I know that some of you might say to get a CAI or SRI but I don't have the money to change out the whole system and maybe someday I will but this is what I want to do for now.

I don't think you see what I am saying. There is a box on the side of the intake tube AFTER the air box. I'm not stupid fyi. Maybe I wasn't clear what I was meaning. sorry not trying to be mean its just hard for me to say what I mean in text. I think I will just take a picture of it and circle the part in PS so everyone can see what I mean.

Well I just looked at my car and I think I am thinking of something else than what was ment by removing the air resonator. Right before the throttle body on the tube from the airbox to the TB is this thing that is attached to the side of it with some hose clamps. I guess what I mean to ask is what is that and why do i need it?

Well it might already be gone. I opened my airbox the check the filter and at the bottom of the box is a whole and you can see the ground. The master tech at my work told me what the function of the part in question did and I don't think it matters if it is there or not.

Back