JBarone Short Shift Plate installed

n1smo

:
MazdaSpeed3
The JBarone SSP was very easy to install, I have not installed the metal bushings which is part of the Stage II kit yet since that required me to mess with the interior trim pieces. I would have if I had to adjust the shift linkage but as luck would have it, I am able to run through the gears pretty smoothly. I put about 120 miles on the car today and I am enjoying the car even more with the JB SSP installed, love the short throw and shifts did not feel any heavier than stock as others have said. This transmission feels much better than the BMW 335i's 6SPD. Shifts are much more precise and direct, not rubbery like the Bimmer's. I mastered heel/toeing that Bimmer on the Nurburgring but I was never able to do it very well in normal driving, don't remember if it was the brake pedal or the gas. With this MS3, I can heel/ toe anytime I want effortlessly. Makes me want to go drive it now.....

Stock
DSC_0497.jpg

DSC_0498.jpg

JB SSP
DSC_0500.jpg

DSC_0501.jpg

DSC_0502.jpg

This is a great mod. I truly think that the long throws if the stock shifter are the only downfall of this car.

Installed the JBR solid shifter bushings. It was so easy, so have done it when I put the shifter plate in. Honestly, it didn't make that much of a difference but it didn't feel any worse and I didn't screw anything up so it is a good mod.

DSC_0518.jpg

DSC_0519.jpg

DSC_0520.jpg

DSC_0521.jpg

DSC_0522.jpg

DSC_0523.jpg

DSC_0524.jpg

DSC_0526.jpg

DSC_0527.jpg

DSC_0528.jpg

DSC_0529.jpg

DSC_0530.jpg

DSC_0531.jpg

DSC_0532.jpg

DSC_0533.jpg

DSC_0534.jpg

This is a great mod. I truly think that the long throws if the stock shifter are the only downfall of this car.

Yeah, the only complaint from the wife is that the shifter is sticking almost straight up and down for the even gears. She's saying she can't tell which gear she is in, I was like, if it is sticking straight up and down you are in an even gear :p But other than that, she likes the shorter throws.

Back