Is this of immediate importance

eburger

:
Mazda Protege 5
It dont look bad but i dont know if it should be fixed right away or if it can wait. The first two are on the damaged rear passanger side and the other two of tho rear drivers side.

Attachments

• 102_0527.JPG
    102_0527.JPG
    768.6 KB · Views: 214
  • 102_0528.JPG
    102_0528.JPG
    541.8 KB · Views: 168
  • 102_0529.JPG
    102_0529.JPG
    635.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 102_0530.JPG
    102_0530.JPG
    712.4 KB · Views: 153
nope havent noticed a difference in driving. i was thinking the same thing but im not sure exactly what it does.

Hey, I had that thing fall off my car a few years ago!! Anybody know exactly what it is?? What exactly does it shield?

wow i guess not many have had this problem, i will have to go to a mazda dealer and have them look at it. it looks cheap to replace so im not worried about that. thanks for the help guys! Ill update you guys if i turns out to be important.

i will have to go to a mazda dealer and have them look at it. it looks cheap to replace so im not worried about that.

I am not sure you can get just that part...you might have to replace the whole trailing arm, which would not be cheap. Those small specialty parts can be expensive, so be prepared for that too.

I'm sure oem trailing arms would be cheap in the FS section here. I'm sure plenty would pop up if only there was only a WTB thread. hint hint. Since many have replaced them with AWR or GTSPEC or other. hint hint. Does it bother you enough to buy somebody's low mileage ones with the plastic intact? hint hint.

My passenger side one came off at least two years ago, haven't noticed any problems since then. It was hanging like yours is, I just took it off. Back end hasn't fallen apart or anything, so I figure it isn't important.

wow i guess not many have had this problem, i will have to go to a mazda dealer and have them look at it. it looks cheap to replace so im not worried about that. thanks for the help guys! Ill update you guys if i turns out to be important.

forget the dealer, when mine popped off i jacked it up and got under the car and snapped it back together. There is no need to pay dealer prices for that.

True that im a do it yourselfer too and my a** will be under there to snap it together. i would have done that long ago if i know it would just snap back on, i guess thats my fault. And drivemyMP5, im on board all the way, us mazda people got to organize! hint hint! Hondas got their s**t down.

True that im a do it yourselfer too and my a** will be under there to snap it together. i would have done that long ago if i know it would just snap back on, i guess thats my fault. And drivemyMP5, im on board all the way, us mazda people got to organize! hint hint! Hondas got their s**t down.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't think thats what he was hinting at. Sounds like he has replaced his trailing arms with aftermarket ones and would sell you his oem ones if you were interested, but it sounds like you don't need them.

lol. dont be scared man. you can either snap them together, or take the piece off on either side. they're "supposed" to keep road grime out. but they dont do much. i pulled both of mine off. and there's no difference.

since its a rubber bushing and the plastic doesnt actually cover the rubber it may just be for assembly purpose at factory. unless its covering some super special holes in the actual arm its prolly nothing. seen some pretty weird useless stuff before lol

You would be lucky if you can snap yours together. Mine was beat up enough from small rocks etc that there was no way it would go back together. I just took it off so that it didn't fall off when I was bombing down the highway at some point.

Back