Is there anything compelling about infotainment version 11040?

I have a 2021 Signature CX5, I am not having any problems with my infotainment, I have version 11022.
I was wondering are there any new features or some good reason for me to want to update to 11040?
thanks in advance.

I have a 2021 Signature CX5, I am not having any problems with my infotainment, I have version 11022.
I was wondering are there any new features or some good reason for me to want to update to 11040?
thanks in advance.
I also have a 2021 Signature that I got new in March of 2021 that came with version 11022. I lived with the somewhat frequent rebooting issue (maybe a few times a month) until January of 2022 when I installed version 11038. I ran that version until July when I installed version 11040. I only had one reboot running version 11038 and 11040 has been pretty good too except for that one Sunday evening a month or two ago when rebooting ran rampant for many owners.

I have seen no functional or visual differences between any of those versions so if you're not experiencing problems I can't see any reason to upgrade.

They never add new features. If they do, it will be well documented here. LOL
I also don't think they have ever, not once ever, released a list of "What's new in this update" other then the big Carplay one. Obviously I like Mazda but some of the things they do make me wonder who makes some f these decisions.
Example, as long as there is no Firmware that will flat out destroy the damn thing I would offer several versions of it on my website.
Of course, I also would have hired the guys that made the Tweak app. ;()

No new features but for some owners who are experiencing issues, these fixes have been implemented:

(Ver. 7000C0A-NA03_11040)
• The system may reboot.

(Ver. 7000C0A-NA03_11038)
• DTC U3000:49 is stored which may be accompanied with following symptoms.
- No sound comes out from the speakers.
- Audio source selection is unavailable.
- The system reboots.

(Ver. 7000C0A-NA03_11032)
• Update detail screen shows incomplete sentence and trying to scroll to the beginning of the sentence leads to the whole sentence disappearing.
• Turning the main power off may lead to a reboot while playing audio tracks using Android Auto and displaying the map using Android Auto.
• Voice command may not be recognized.
• Turning the main power on may lead to a reboot after connecting a device to use Apple CarPlay.
• Android Auto may fail to connect.
• The 360° view monitor screen may be overlaid with the home screen.
• DTC for disconnection of the mic may be stored in the CMU after updating the emergency call unit (TCU in MDARS) software.
• If the volume knob is pressed and held to turn the power off while adjusting Fader/Balance, the lines showing current setting for Fader/Balance may not appear the next time the power is turned on.
• Turning the main power off may cause the display to keep turning on while using Android Auto.
• The parking sensor screen may freeze after particular operations.
• Track selection using voice command may result in the error message “Too many tracks. This function is not available”.
• After selecting certain speed for the speed alarm, re-opening the screen shows default setting instead of the selected one while multiple USB devices are connected.
• The device name may not appear when connected using CarPlay.
• DTC U2301:56 may be stored after installing an accessory device.
• Album artwork may not appear when playing music using a USB connected iPhone.
• Android Auto may not appear on the entertainment screen.
• The screen may turn black when using CarPlay.
• The screen may freeze when a Bluetooth® device is disconnected.
• The destination may not be registered when a destination is sent via MyMazda application.
• When it reboots, registered information for a paired Bluetooth® device may be lost.
• The center display may turn black when the gear is shifted from reverse position to park position.
• Steering switch operation for auto-tuning may erase the banner when listening to the radio.
• Screen freezes and goes to white screen, then the system reboots.
• The audio selection switch does not work.
• If another incoming call comes in immediately after the hands-free call is ended, it is automatically accepted.
• It takes time to establish Bluetooth® connection.
• Mobile911 function may not place a call while no Bluetooth® device is connected.
• Mobile911 function may not place a call when using CarPlay.

(Ver. 7000C0A-NA03_11026)
• The system may reboot repeatedly right after starting the vehicle, and removing the navigation SD card stops the rebooting.

(Ver. 7000C0A-NA03_11024)
• Place markers setting may not keep the change and it may return to the default setting.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back