Ipod 2008 Nav and bose

pchrist

Ok i have read a bunch of threads on this and i can't come to a conclusion on if this can be done or not?

Can i hook it up via some method grom audio or periphial electronics or mazda part, and be able to control it through the screen or the steering wheel controls

I don't want sirus in the car i have no subscription so no need for it.

Is this possible and how and what do i need to make it happen?

Thanks

I have the dice unit. I bought it right after I got my car since mazda never released anything compatible with the 2008 Nav system. Although they said it would work with the steering wheel controls, it wasn't usable as a up or down press too quickly after a previous one would change to playlist select mode. I eventually just resorted to the other option with the unit which allowed you to just control the ipod directly. It does paus and restart your ipod when you turn the car off at least. It plugs into the port where the satellite radio plug into. Maybe it is better now with the update units. I think this is your only option though for a direct connect that will also charge the ipod.

so realistically it will work with no sat and allow music to play through the radio using the screen to navigate through the playlists and songs. The steering wheel controls can be used to control volume still correct?

And everything is still displayed on the screen?

Yes and No. In theory it should allow you to navigate through playlists, but it was almost impossible to get the double press of the seek arrow to do what you want. You could not navigate with the touch screen. It could be better now.

Back