Instrument Cluster Swap ???

batclam

:
2014 Mazda 3 i Grand Touring Hatch
Will the instrument cluster from a 4 door 2014 Mazda 3 automatic swap out directly with the instrument cluster in a 2014 Mazda 3 Hatch automatic? The reason is that the automatic 4 door Mazda 3 has the cluster with the digital speedo and the analog tach in the center position. The 2014 Mazda Hatch has the analog speedo in the center and the digital tach on the left side. The speedo in my hatch has an LED on the tip of the indicator needle which causes a severe reflection on the dial. Any help would be appreciated.

I'd be curious to know about this too. I guess these are the pitfalls of early adoption.
I think they totally got this backwards. Why they would put a giant analog tach on an automatic transmission, and a tiny, unreadable tach on the manual is completely beyond me.

At the dealer the other day looked like all i models had the center speedo and s models had the center tach. These were all autos. Is this not how it's set up? I like the i but that stupid tiny tach in the corner kills the deal for me (I would go manual).

I believe the difference is between the "i" and "s" series and not sedan and hatchback.

I agree, however, I have an iGT and my only real complaint is that tiny digital tach. Especially since I have a manual trans and the tach is something I reference.

Back