Installed new Headunit, Subwoofer wont turn on.

jerseymods

:
2003.5 Titanium Grey MSP
Just installed a Kenwood DDX470 in MSP. Everything works except for subwoofer. What can I do to check before I dig in and try to replace?

Did the sub work before? They very commonly fail. Did you plug in the RCA cables into the head unit? Did you wire in the remote wire to turn the amp on? Did you turn on the sub preout in the head unit menu? Have you tried adjusting the bass?

Did the sub work before? They very commonly fail. Did you plug in the RCA cables into the head unit? Did you wire in the remote wire to turn the amp on? Did you turn on the sub preout in the head unit menu? Have you tried adjusting the bass?

It was actually the inline fuse for the sub that went out. Replaced it and it all works! Thanks!

Sub ended up going out again...this time it is not the fuse. Any checks I should do before buying new sub?

Any updates on this? Just bought a MSP myself and the sub does not work, seems to also have aftermarket headunit installed.

Is it the original kenwood sub? They are known to fail. They have a kenwood head unit, speakers and amp/sub from the factory and many owners replace the factory head unit because they always break.

The head unit is a JVC and in the trunk is the Kenwood Amp with Sub and no sound is coming from the trunk, popped a new fuse in the amp today and still no luck

There is a light on the amp if it is powered on. The sub is likely blown if it is the original kenwood.

Back