Installed JBarone Short Shift Plate....

Leon,
Do the adjustment shown in the video. The video is for the MPS3 but the concept is very similar. The only difference is the clip. You'll get it I'm sure. It'll fix up the 2nd and 3rd issue you mention. Easy to do while you're in there doing the bushings.

Stupid Americans....Gday Mate!!

Jamie

Gday again Jamie,

Well I was all set to do that adjustment and instal the bushes but I just CANNOT get the cupholder out.

I am attempting to do it via the instructions in your "JBR Solid Shifter Bushing Installation Instructions
MAZDASPEED 6 and MAZDA 6" pdf. It just doesnt seem to want to budge and I am worried I may break it.

Do you, (or anybody else for that matter if they wish to jump in) have any more clues about where I am going wrong on the removal?

Thanks for your help and regards,

Leon

Gday again Jamie,

Well I was all set to do that adjustment and instal the bushes but I just CANNOT get the cupholder out.

I am attempting to do it via the instructions in your "JBR Solid Shifter Bushing Installation Instructions
MAZDASPEED 6 and MAZDA 6" pdf. It just doesnt seem to want to budge and I am worried I may break it.

Do you, (or anybody else for that matter if they wish to jump in) have any more clues about where I am going wrong on the removal?

Thanks for your help and regards,

Leon

A firm tug straight up should do it. It's scarier then it really is. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Thanks,
Jamie

Is the only difference between stage 1 and 2 of the ssp, the inclusion of the shifter bushings?

Yes...Stage 1 is the Shifter Plate kit only. Stage 2 is the same kit + the JBR Solid Shifter Bushings. Great deal for only $15 more.

Thanks,
Jamie

A firm tug straight up should do it. It's scarier then it really is. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Thanks,
Jamie
Thanks Jamie, I have just been trying that but it isnt working. Any chance you can PM me your landline number please? And a time that suits you for a call?

Thanks,

Leon

Back