Inspection: Failed. Help??

mspeedpro

:
03 Org MSP
I needed a state inspection here so i took off my catless dp about a month ago and put the stock pipe back on. I went to go get it inspected yesterday and it didn't pass. I got several Not Ready statuses for 'Catalyst' 'evap' '02 sensor' and 'EGR system'. No Fault codes and i passed DLC.

The guy told me it might have gotten reset and try putting on another 40 miles. I did that last night and got the same result today except now '02 Sens Htr' reads Not Ready also. ANY IDEAS??

Mods are: Unichip, Injen CAI, new plugs, right now stock exhaust with Tsuedo muffler... those are all the main ones. I am told that the emissions coming out of my car are fine and my car is fine its just the computer system is reading that some of my sensors are not ready to be tested and they cant/wont tell me why...

thanks guys, all comments welcome. BTW- I disconnected my battery approx 6 weeks ago and he acted as if that could have something to do with this, i cant imagine that.

check engine light on?

mspeedpro said:
I needed a state inspection here so i took off my catless dp about a month ago and put the stock pipe back on. I went to go get it inspected yesterday and it didn't pass. I got several Not Ready statuses for 'Catalyst' 'evap' '02 sensor' and 'EGR system'. No Fault codes and i passed DLC.

The guy told me it might have gotten reset and try putting on another 40 miles. I did that last night and got the same result today except now '02 Sens Htr' reads Not Ready also. ANY IDEAS??

Mods are: Unichip, Injen CAI, new plugs, right now stock exhaust with Tsuedo muffler... those are all the main ones. I am told that the emissions coming out of my car are fine and my car is fine its just the computer system is reading that some of my sensors are not ready to be tested and they cant/wont tell me why...

thanks guys, all comments welcome. BTW- I disconnected my battery approx 6 weeks ago and he acted as if that could have something to do with this, i cant imagine that.

ya i would do a ecu reset and drive around for a while... to get everything running and learning again

Reset, then drive 5-10 minutes at 25-35 and 5-10 more minutes at 50-60. Keep a constant speed while you're doing it (no, it's not easy if you're in town). That's what it took to get my MP3 to pass last time it was inspected.

I would just keep all mods on including exhaust and go to a real run down place, somthing alittle "ghetto" if you want to use that term and tell them that you will slip him 10 bucks to pass you, if he says no then say 15. If he stills says no just say ok and leave and go to another place. You must give him these options before the test or you will be charged the amount of a fail test.

did you reset it when you took the dp off? It can take quite a while to get it to relearn everything, in my parents caravan it took a few weeks for it to be ready since they don't drive that much. I replaced an O2 sensor and reset the ECU, it seemed like forever. Or maybe the Unichip resets the ECU everytime. (I don't know t o much about it I haven't done my homework on it yet). Have you asked them. good luck

Orng/Bob

Is the unichip creating a situation where power to the ecu is terminated when the key is turned off thus creating an ecu that needs to become "ready" everytime you turn the ignition on because the monitors reset when the car is shut off?

Take the unichip off. I garuntee its affecting the rediness of those systems.

The way the standart ODB II emissions test works is to ensure no CELS are on and that all the smog control devices work, and pass the standard ODB II rediness tests built in. I dont know how the unichip is wired in, but I would suspect that it is causing these systems to not show up as ready.

boostisgood said:
Take the unichip off. I garuntee its affecting the rediness of those systems.

The way the standart ODB II emissions test works is to ensure no CELS are on and that all the smog control devices work, and pass the standard ODB II rediness tests built in. I dont know how the unichip is wired in, but I would suspect that it is causing these systems to not show up as ready.
no it doesn't. only if you installed it wrong and if you install a plug and play harness wrong we have a bigger problem.

that sounds like your downstream HEGO sensor heater has malfunctioned. happens alot. if you are still under warranty have them check it out. i have seen alot of them fail when people run them catless. the mustangs and the crown vic's do it alot

Were you catless at one point and installed a MIL eliminator?
The readiness codes take over a 100 miles to complete usually.

Back