Infotainment problem. With Video

Bowman

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
As the title says, I have ran into some issues with the technology package today. Decided to make a quick video just to show what its exactly doing. I have read of a few others having this issue but their cars seemed to work out the problems by itself, or by restarting the car. I'm not having such luck. I most likely will be taking time out of my lovely day tomorrow to swing by the dealership and see what they have to tell me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obLsDhg0R_A&feature=youtu.be

As stated in the other infotainment bug thread, the problem has been fixed. Below is an explanation for those who do not want to read through the other thread...

Well took it to the dealer today. They hooked it up to a scanner and did a system reset. He said all they had to do was wipe out the "keep alive" memory on the unit and it started up fine afterwards. I asked if they were having multiple complaints with other customers units and he said not that he's aware of. At least not with the problem mine had. They also stated that disconnecting my battery should of in theory fixed the problem, however that wasn't the case when I attempted it last night. Hopefully it was just a one time thing and I can continue to enjoy it problem free from here on out, but something tells me that won't be the case.

Back