Infotainment Keeps Rebooting - Dealers do not have replacement (CX-5 2016)

Even MAZDA USA stopped communicating with me when I requested to tell me where to buy a replacement. I have extended warranty, so the cost (I know is high) should not be much of an issue.

Anyone know a dealer that may have one for a 2016 CX-5 Touring?

Has the dealer identified the issue for you?
Please describe "keep rebooting"...

When mine ('17 CX5) went bad, it either failed to load navi map data (took forever) or went OK for a while (w/ navi display on) and rebooted itself randomly.
For mine, the culprit was the SD card.

Has the dealer identified the issue for you? Please describe "keep rebooting"... When mine ('17 CX5) went bad, it either failed to load navi map data (took forever) or went OK for a while (w/ navi display on) and rebooted itself randomly. For mine, the culprit was the SD card.
Mine reboots every minute, so the system is unusable. It behaves the same with its original SD Card, a newly acquired one for 2022, or none at all. The dealership says the full CMU unit has to be replaced, like that they can reprogram it, which sounds like a waste of money.

What version is it? Has it ever been upgraded?
When mine started rebooting sometimes, or the rearview camera stopped work randomly, the dealer did an upgrade to the latest software version (at the time), and it has worked perfectly ever since.
Before replacing hardware, I'd go back to the dealer and get them to try an update or a reload first.
Your problem sounds more software related than hardware.

Back