@Idle...RPMs dipping while turning steering wheel - normal?

Hank3

Asian Persuasion <><
Contributor
:
2010 Mazda5 GT
My gut is saying that this is a normal occurrence for the P5 since I've always known for our cars to have a weak electrical system (i.e. sans HIDs, our headlights dim when the AC kicks on). But I wanted to check with other fellow owners that they experience this as well? Or could this be a sign that something is going - alternator, power steering system, etc.?

The RPMs should raise slightly, or at least stay the same. There's a pressure switch on the PS pump that tells the PCM to idle up, much like the A/C compressor.

The switch could be unplugged or have a bad connection, or dirty and not working.

The RPMs should raise slightly, or at least stay the same. There's a pressure switch on the PS pump that tells the PCM to idle up, much like the A/C compressor.

The switch could be unplugged or have a bad connection, or dirty and not working.

I did notice at lunch that the RPMs do blip up when when turning the steering wheel. Must've been my imagination that it went down.

My gut is saying that this is a normal occurrence for the P5 since I've always known for our cars to have a weak electrical system (i.e. sans HIDs, our headlights dim when the AC kicks on). But I wanted to check with other fellow owners that they experience this as well? Or could this be a sign that something is going - alternator, power steering system, etc.?

Yes, this is normal. It's just a brief dip in rps

Back