I need real engine options for my 2002 automatic P5!

HooliganP5

:
2002 Mazda Protg 5
I want to do an engine swap and I know there are threads, but I need answers to my specific questions. I want to Change from automatic to a manual transmission. I also need an engine for my baby. She has 255000+ miles on her and I think it's time to do an engine swap. What engine and trans combo would be best and easy to install? I need increased performance as I am coming from a stock 2002 P5 engine. I rebuilt my original transmission before and now it's on its way out again. She has been faithful and needs some TLC.

I want to do an engine swap and I know there are threads, but I need answers to my specific questions. I want to Change from automatic to a manual transmission. I also need an engine for my baby. She has 255000+ miles on her and I think it's time to do an engine swap. What engine and trans combo would be best and easy to install? I need increased performance as I am coming from a stock 2002 P5 engine. I rebuilt my original transmission before and now it's on its way out again. She has been faithful and needs some TLC.
It seems to be the road more traveled to rebuild the existing motor for turbo use, and then turbocharge it with a mix of stock Mazdaspeed and aftermarket turbo parts.

Yes, but is that the best option? Also if I wanted to throw a V6 in it, what would my option for compatible engines be? Thanks for the response by the way.

Kl motors bolt right in but seem to be a wiring headache

You will see a 25-30 whp gain just from going auto to manual with the stock 2.0

Kl motors bolt right in but seem to be a wiring headache

You will see a 25-30 whp gain just from going auto to manual with the stock 2.0

Thanks for the advice, I did not know that. So it seems rebuilding my existing motor and going to manual is a viable option.

Back