How much discount off MSRP on a 2024 CX-5 Turbo Premium AWD?

:
2019 CX5 Reserve AWD
Should I expect to be able to negotiate? MSRP is $37,800, not including destination, tax and tags.

wlong01,
Replacing your '19 or getting an extra one?

Well, depending on where you are located.
Your negotiation power depends on how many CX-5s are sitting in their lots.

I see a lot of CX5s in the dealership I frequent and bought mine from.
MSRP days are long gone.
Some dealers are still dreaming about the good old days.

Replacing my 19, keeping my 16. Dealer looked like they had a decent supply on the lot.
A lot more than the last time I was there (about 5 months ago).

I talked to a sales guy, got some literature, no sales pressure.

Powertrain warranty runs out in 4 months.

I've had good luck emailing a half dozen dealerships, telling them I am a serious buyer and plan to buy now, and asking their best price. I'm pretty confident that if there are cars on lots, you'll have offers below MSRP.

If you are decent at negotiating, you should be able to get a good 10 pct off or more from MSRP plus factory incentives ( loyalty, military etc). depending on the trim right now. No add ons. Put the dealers against each other and tell then you will come down within 24 hours to sign paperwork. Look up the sales managers emails at each dealership on their website or call and get their email. Do the negotiation over email, txt or phone and not in person. There is no need to set foot in thr dealership. Communicate directly with the sales manager or general manager only. Do not discuss trade or method of payment. You tell them you haven't decided yet if asked and you are keeping that seperate.

Good luck

Last edited:
If you are decent at negotiating, you should be able to get a good 10 pct off or more from MSRP plus factory incentives ( loyalty, military etc). depending on the trim right now. No add ons. Put the dealers against each other and tell then you will come down within 24 hours to sign paperwork. Look up the sales managers emails at each dealership on their website or call and get their email. Do the negotiation over email, txt or phone and not in person. There is no need to set foot in thr dealership. Communicate directly with the sales manager or general manager only. Do not discuss trade or method of payment. You tell them you haven't decided yet if asked and you are keeping that seperate.

Good luck
A $3800 dealer discount plus incentives off of a 2024 Turbo? Not likely. The mark-up is only about $1300

A $3800 dealer discount plus incentives off of a 2024 Turbo? Not likely. The mark-up is only about $1300
Yes it is absolutely possible for a 10 pct discount right now. Know a few friends who got just that this month. Dealers sell below invoice all the time and make up the profit on the back end with holdback, manufacturer bonuses, floorplan assistance, etc. New vehicles are sitting on lots for months and dealers have Major anxiety right now with inventory piling up and weak sales. People have wised up and its a buyers market right now.

Actually, the profit margin is about 8-10% from invoice to MSRP.
Adding, incentives and discounts (loyalty, military, etc.), 10% is possible before Covid.
Now... I am not sure. During Covid, I did hard negotiation to buy one at MSRP.
That was 01/2022.

Yes it is absolutely possible for a 10 pct discount right now. Know a few friends who got just that this month. Dealers sell below invoice all the time and make up the profit on the back end with holdback, manufacturer bonuses, floorplan assistance, etc. New vehicles are sitting on lots for months and dealers have Major anxiety right now with inventory piling up and weak sales. People have wised up and its a buyers market right now.

Good luck
Ditto on the add-ons like Black lug nuts and Black wheel locks for $225.00. No Thanks, hate the locks and crome lugs are fine.

I'd love to be able to look over their deal sheets. Can you ask them if they kept copies?

Back