Hit and Run

https://m.imgur.com/a/WfCSIEq

Scheduled for repair on the 29th of December. I've been told by some that replacing quarter panel is a tough job and to mention blending machine gray metallic can be tricky and would never be same as the factory paint. I'm scared that my vehicle won't look the same before the accident anymore. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

https://m.imgur.com/a/WfCSIEq

Scheduled for repair on the 29th of December. I've been told by some that replacing quarter panel is a tough job and to mention blending machine gray metallic can be tricky and would never be same as the factory paint. I'm scared that my vehicle won't look the same before the accident anymore. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Probably one of those times to take it to a dealer that had a Mazda body shop or that also sells Mazdas. Some dealers have combined body shop f.i. Ted's Honda body shop that also owns Honda and Mazda dealerships or Bob's Ford body shop that also owns a Ford and Mazda, etc.

Although not mazda, in past used a dealer that had combined body shoppe and that happened to be insurance preferred.

Or use someone off of the approved preferred insurance provider list.

And then double-check with them that they have experience painting that color.

Confirm this by email so you have a record. None of this vocal told me so.

F.i. if you need to match the paint or need the parts back to prove a lawsuit against the other party that caused the accident, put it in email. Otherwise they have a tendency to throw out, salvage, or keep parts.

Yes, this. A lot of advertisements try to scare you that "you're not required to take it to the shop you're insurance send you to" - as if that's a bad thing for some reason, as if it results in inferior work. I think the opposite is true - if they did bad work the insurance company wouldn't be recommending them.

For me it's the contrary - I have always used my insurance companies 'preferred' shops' - usually big name shops, not some corner POS. When using a one of their preferred shops the insurance company guarantees their work. Though I have no Idea how a shop can 'guaranty' a match, all they can do is what they can do.

You can probably even look at some of their work when you visit.

Yes, this. A lot of advertisements try to scare you that "you're not required to take it to the shop you're insurance send you to" - as if that's a bad thing for some reason, as if it results in inferior work. I think the opposite is true - if they did bad work the insurance company wouldn't be recommending them.

For me it's the contrary - I have always used my insurance companies 'preferred' shops' - usually big name shops, not some corner POS. When using a one of their preferred shops the insurance company guarantees their work. Though I have no Idea how a shop can 'guaranty' a match, all they can do is what they can do.

You can probably even look at some of their work when you visit.
Same here. The shop the insurance company uses is a large company with shops all over and the ability to address any warranty concerns I had. (I did, my drivers seat was still making noise after the accident and they replaced it.).

Probably one of those times to take it to a dealer that had a Mazda body shop or that also sells Mazdas. Some dealers have combined body shop f.i. Ted's Honda body shop that also owns Honda and Mazda dealerships or Bob's Ford body shop that also owns a Ford and Mazda, etc.

Although not mazda, in past used a dealer that had combined body shoppe and that happened to be insurance preferred.

And then double-check with them that they have experience painting that color.

Confirm this by email so you have a record. None of this vocal told me so.

F.i. if you need to match the paint or need the parts back to prove a lawsuit against the other party that caused the accident, put it in email. Otherwise they have a tendency to throw out, salvage, or keep parts.

I'll second this. I needed some repair work done on my machine grey CX-9, so I took it to a Honda body shop that is part of a dealership group for many different makes, including Mazda. The car came back looking looking good as new, with paint matching so closely I couldn't tell a repair was made.

I did my due diligence and asked them questions, saw their work, read the reviews. That bit of legwork paid off in the end.

Back