hi-boost turbo kit

Ja7Red said:
So I was reading about these actually and they are used a lot on WRX upgrades. I heard they have some turbo lag issues, but are pretty good for mid-range. So what do you think about it? Good, ok, or bad?

its pretty good, builds boost at around 2200 i think? then by 3300, 3500 you're at full boost (atleast at 8 psi for me) it starts pulling pretty damn fast, when dropping gears and going it builds up boost pretty damn fast, lag isn't that bad unless your in a really high gear trying to accelerate then you start to notice but nothing horrble

apparently its comparable to a gt28r

Last edited:
Ja7Red said:
So I was reading about these actually and they are used a lot on WRX upgrades. I heard they have some turbo lag issues, but are pretty good for mid-range. So what do you think about it? Good, ok, or bad?

The lag in the WRX is due to engine design. Not an issue in the FS 2.0 Liter protege engine. It builds boost in the mid 2000 rpm range and will keep the power all the way to 6700 rpms.

BTW, the price directly from us is $3,800.00 and the kits are in stock.

gimpo2 said:
he's got the new intake on his! dammit i getting antsy for mine

.........................................V.......................V

thats a ford RS? is that the same turbo set up we got in our kits? just different piping?

He's got the same kit and fitted perfectly in his Ford RS. The only difrence is the ECU. He made the intake pipe himself when he saw our new one.

sori Juan, am i in trouble?

HiBoost TS said:
He's got the same kit and fitted perfectly in his Ford RS. The only difrence is the ECU. He made the intake pipe himself when he saw our new one.

HiBoost TS said:

thats a pretty cool little tidbit of information there

gimpo2 said:
apparently its comparable to a gt28r

The IHI V22 turbo comes nowhere close in comparison as the GT28R,GT28RS or any Garrett GT line turbo.
The GT series line is the latest and greatest from Garrett.The IHI V22 is the same and has been for roughly 15-20 years now.Their's nothing new about it.Still old school technoligy.
Example:
505Zoom..He has a GT28RS with my FMIC and manifold.He makes 264whp at just 12psi.

Last edited:
HiBoost TS said:
BTW, the price directly from us is $3,800.00 and the kits are in stock.

thats pretty dick... so then why should any vendor bother carrying your product? Free advertising for you?? gotta make that dollar.

FC3s Boy was offering the kit at $3500. Is that the exact same kit or have things changed a bit?

Back