Hesitation sometimes under load

db2boy

Me again, another question but wanted to have separate threads to avoid confusion and dilution.

I sometimes get a hesitation under load, not full load and she pulls through it. It does not feel like boost cut to me. New plugs and will
be checking/changing fuel filter shortly. Any other common points to check (I will also check ING wires etc this weekend)?

She is non-sequential set up.

Thanks

Ant

Does it feel like a flat spot in the acceleration? If so, get someone to follow you in their car while you accelerate. See if you are getting plumes of black smoke out the tail pipe when you experience your flat spots when accelerating. If so, this can be a sign of a few things...

Fubared airflow sensor spring
Bad coils (or any other part of the ignition system)
Leaky injector.

Its usually either in your fueling or ignition.

Hi Berty,
Yes I'm accelerating and she is starting to pull hard (but not 100% flat out) and then sudden hesitation and flat spot then picks up again. I did notice last night a puff of greyish smoke out that back. It does feel more like ignition cut from past experience. Last night noticed at just after 5k and then just below 6k.

Rgds

Ant

Berty,
That I currently know about AutoExe ram air pod and 3rd party ignition leads (not sure brand atm) is it.

She is getting worse and I need to test more but it might be related to shifting. Found one rats nest hose that is split where it connects to control nipple and hose is super hard. Cant get access to viton hoses quickly but heading out to get some normal replacement for now to address. The control it connects to is bolted to the intake manifold and is just behind the alternator, blue in colour.

Are there good instructions anywhere on the Cosmo non-sequential mod, I'd like to check over it this weekend.

Thanks

Ant

Thanks, stopped after a couple of tanks of gas and ECU reset. Filter is on list to do and has been purchased.

Ant

Back