here is some info on 2009 mazda 6 price and packages

I spoke with my source at C&D, they drove these at a press event last month, and yesterday (5/23) they embargo broke on details. That's why it was the headline of every major auto news site.

They haven't actually tested any yet, those times are all guesstimates. I would expect it to be about a 1/2 sec slower than the Speed 6, due to automatic and no AWD to launch with. From a 60 MPH roll things might be more interesting.

1/2 a second slower? Nah... now with being FWD and having 260+ lbs of torque... too much tire spin... a full second sounds about right.

but yeah from a roll.... it may be more interesting, I wouldn't be able to make any guesses until I find out how much the new v6 mazda6 weighs.

1/2 a second slower? Nah... now with being FWD and having 260+ lbs of torque... too much tire spin... a full second sounds about right.

but yeah from a roll.... it may be more interesting, I wouldn't be able to make any guesses until I find out how much the new v6 mazda6 weighs.

One of the reviews posted it...something like ~3,526 as tested I think.

EDIT - From the Inside Line Review:

Super-sizing the Mazda 6 means more weight, of course. In this case, the Mazda 6 with the four-cylinder engine packs an extra 141 pounds, while the V6 model adds 169 pounds. That adds up to 3,547 pounds with the V6 in place — about average for the class.

Last edited:
One of the reviews posted it...something like ~3,526 as tested I think.

EDIT - From the Inside Line Review:

Super-sizing the Mazda 6 means more weight, of course. In this case, the Mazda 6 with the four-cylinder engine packs an extra 141 pounds, while the V6 model adds 169 pounds. That adds up to 3,547 pounds with the V6 in place about average for the class.

Well, it's lighter than the speed6, that's for sure, we're like 4k lbs (3,700 something, almost 2 tons, wtf?)

Should be a slow crawl away from the speed from a roll. (ugh)

A Speed with a good driver runs about 13.8 at the track? I'm guessing the 2009 V6 will run about 14.5, so 3/4 sec I guess. But I bet the MPH will be very close. Both great cars, just aimed at different people. If the 350+ HP 2nd Gen Speed comes we'll both be driving one of those anyway. :)

A Speed with a good driver runs about 13.8 at the track? I'm guessing the 2009 V6 will run about 14.5, so 3/4 sec I guess. But I bet the MPH will be very close. Both great cars, just aimed at different people. If the 350+ HP 2nd Gen Speed comes we'll both be driving one of those anyway. :)

Well I was just thinking in terms of the car, but after finding out the weight of the vehicle, and being less weight than the speed6 (like 500 or so lbs) I believe your right, it should be quick as or quicker than a stock rx-8. and from a roll, that's definitely another story.

oh and......My sentiments exactly!!!! I'm seriously praying and holding out on a TT v6 speed6, not that crappy 280+hp 2.5L they wanna produce.(boom07)

Thanks. Any words about canadian packages?

Another review:
http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/automotive_news/4265019.html

From Edmunds:
We drive a four-cylinder car equipped with the six-speed manual and it's just as enjoyable. The clutch take-up is easy to modulate and the shift lever notches from gate to gate cleanly. Then again, with poorer EPA mileage numbers than the automatic, the case for buying the manual transmission is pretty weak.

Last edited:
good point !

(humpleg)

AWD cars are always heavier, you have the extra weight with both axles being used to drive the wheels, plus the driveshaft, etc. All the "extra" s*** that makes a car from FWD to AWD.

Case in point, your brother's 335i is probably like half a second to 1 second quicker than the 335ix (which is the AWD one).

Back