help with timing a 97 626

prosper1ne

:
mazda 626 1997
97 626 timing problems please help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

not sure if this is posted in the right spot or not.

my question is this... where is the spout connector on a 97 626?

does it even exist. i replaced the water pump and timing belt. im pretty confident i put it all back together correctly. problem is, its not in time.

the book says find the spout connector near the battery. but i cant find it. it wont pass smog because its not in time. i can move the distributer all day long but it doesnt make a difference. i think i need to make a jumper to by pass the computer. can someone help me out?

i know this question has been asked before because ive searched the web. problem is nobody has an answer. i also tried to search the forums.

any help would really really be apprecited. thank justin

there should be a diagnostic connector near the driver's side strut towner... flip it open and jumper the TEN and GND pins

i found that and i tried to jumper the 10 pin but its not there! there is no pin 10 as far as i can tell. i even looked under the thing to see if the pin fell through. am i missing something or were there some models with no 10 pin? please help. thanks

Back