Help!! Garrett T25 please read and reply

MIKE_MSP_NJ

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
So I installed a garrett t25 off an sr20 Nissan (journal bearing). I had to clock the turbo and get adapters but everything was installed correctly, a month later I decided to check under my car and I saw oil leaking out off the turbo, my first guess was the seals, now my car smokes like crazy at idle and even when driving I contacted the buyer I bought the turbo from he was telling me I needed an oil restrictor or a bigger oil line, I never checked my oil pressure for the turbo when I installed it, but I would like to know when I do, what is the right reading of oil pressure when I do check it? And if anyone knows why the turbo is leaking oil in only one month of use, I do not run the car hard, it is a daily.
image.jpg

Could very well be the seals....that white smoke is oil burning. Did you check for shaft play? U could've gotten a direct bolt on turbo on here. Journal bearing turbos can take higher pressures than BB, so I seriously doubt it's cause of too much oil pressure ( especially since the protg barely puts out 60psi at WOT)....You absolutely NEED a oil pressure gauge dude!.. a 3an line should be good for you

I have check the shaft play and I it's good no movement at all. Do you think the seals are done because of the lack of oil I was getting into the turbo?

I do have an oil pressure guage and it reads 16psi at idle and 40psi when I'm
Driving on the highway going 60mph
I just never read the oil pressure from the turbo

I do have an oil pressure guage and it reads 16psi at idle and 40psi when I'm
Driving on the highway going 60mph
I just never read the oil pressure from the turbo

If Im not mistaken, you need an oil restrictor if youre using a journal bearing turbo. If thats the case, which i believe it is, it could cause these symptoms.

But, back to a max of about 70psi EVER in the history of mankind that an FSDE has produced in oil pressure probably wouldnt excede that turbos normal operating allowances.

Yeah I was never running with an oil restrictor,
Is there any certain kind of oil restrictor I should use for my journal bearing t25?

Back