Help! Catch can keeps overflowing

MSP Alex

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
On my MSP I have my oil catch can routed so both lines that come off the valve cover go in the can, and a third line comes off the can and vents to atmosphere. I have already replaced that 1way valve on the valve cover and it continues to fill the can faster than I know what to do with. Any help is greatly appreciated

Remove it? I had one that without a check valve that ran between the PCV line and it never caught much oil. The vent on the side of the VC is supposed to see clean, metered air before the turbo but after the MAF sensor. For the benefit they give (extremely minimal) and the risk of losing your motor from all the oil being sucked into an improperly setup catch can, I would just take it off.

Thanks for the reply! And I was thinking maybe just capping that hole with the 1way valve off completely and only running the side vent because I looked on my spare valve cover I have in my garage and the top vent is not baffled at all but the side vent is very well baffled. So I think running the side vent to the intake manifold would releave enough crank case pressure, right?

Latest posts

Back